What did Brown Santa show up with today..

jdofmemi

They are ceramic coated. They call the color titanium.

Luckily I don’t drive it a lot, so I will be able to swallow the gas cost a little easier. If it gets 10 to 11 mpg towing I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice!

I'm thinking that you are a little optimistic on the mileage. Maybe 8 towing.

I ran a 2500 Avalanche with the 496. After a rebuild, cam and tuner, it would get 11 on it's own and 8 towing, less if it was super heavy. That was with 35's and 4.56 gears and the same 4L80 trans. It pulled almost as good as my Super Duty.
Look into better than stock motor mounts, the torque monster eats factory GM mounts up in 10,000 miles.

I also had the shitty autotrac transfer case, and it would eat the clutches up in no time.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours once you get it going👍

trplxj

Nice!

I'm thinking that you are a little optimistic on the mileage. Maybe 8 towing.

I ran a 2500 Avalanche with the 496. After a rebuild, cam and tuner, it would get 11 on it's own and 8 towing, less if it was super heavy. That was with 35's and 4.56 gears and the same 4L80 trans. It pulled almost as good as my Super Duty.
Look into better than stock motor mounts, the torque monster eats factory GM mounts up in 10,000 miles.

I also had the shitty autotrac transfer case, and it would eat the clutches up in no time.

I'm sure you will enjoy yours once you get it going[emoji106]

You’re probably right, I’m being optimistic, but one can dream. Even if I get 8 towing I’ll be okay with that. I’m still hoping for better though. LOL. I’ll find out in July I’ll be towing my WJ on one tons and 37’s to my brothers house that 230 miles away.

I’ve ordered some poly motor mounts hopefully it doesn’t eat those. I guess I’ll find out.

My tow rig has a NP241 I think it’ll be okay.

trplxj

Sweet! What rig is this going in?

It’s going in a 1993 K2500 suburban. It currently has a 454 in it that lost a head gasket and mixed water with the oil and killed the oil pressure. It still runs but I don’t know for how long if I was to run it. It only has about 5 psi.

The suburban has been in the family since the late 90’s. I have a lot of memories with it, the interior looks brand new and the body is in really good shape as well. I just can’t bring myself to get rid of it. It’s paid for and I love it. So I’ve decided to put some money into it and make it last another 20 years.

And by not buying a new tow rig it frees me up to buy a Gladiator in a couple years after my Chrysler 300C is paid for.

jdofmemi

It’s going in a 1993 K2500 suburban. It currently has a 454 in it that lost a head gasket and mixed water with the oil and killed the oil pressure. It still runs but I don’t know for how long if I was to run it. It only has about 5 psi.

The suburban has been in the family since the late 90’s. I have a lot of memories with it, the interior looks brand new and the body is in really good shape as well. I just can’t bring myself to get rid of it. It’s paid for and I love it. So I’ve decided to put some money into it and make it last another 20 years.

And by not buying a new tow rig it frees me up to buy a Gladiator in a couple years after my Chrysler 300C is paid for.

Sounds like a solid plan 👍

If I ever get my Avalanche going again, a transfer case swap is in order, along with a properly built transmission.

A.J.

Nice choice on the wheels! I can’t wait to compare them to mine next time we’re together.

Hell yes! I can’t wait to get back to wheeling. I suck at waiting. More of an instant gratification kind of guy. Rubicon/Fordyce trip is going to be awesome!!! Hope everyone can make it again plus a few new friends. Can’t wait!

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Very nice, just got mine installed this weekend and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Awesome. I've been wanting them for a while. I already damaged a rear shock and beat up my mounts. Waiting to get the rest of my lift and I'll tackle it probably next month. Pretty easy to cut the old mounts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Awesome. I've been wanting them for a while. I already damaged a rear shock and beat up my mounts. Waiting to get the rest of my lift and I'll tackle it probably next month. Pretty easy to cut the old mounts?

I'm straightline challenged so Mark used a sawzall for parts and a cut off wheel for the rest. I used the grinder and flap disc to clean up the cuts. To answer your question though, yes, pretty straight forward and drama free.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I'm thrilled to get them on. I'll be pairing them up with rancho 9000xl.

Top Bottom