What’s in your Pipe? (Tobacco that is..)

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m getting back into Pipe tobacco.. Picked up a Morgan Bones Pipe recently to get me going again... I enjoy cigars but they are so damn expensive here... And its so easy (and relaxing) to pack a quick bowl now and then.

I bought some old favorites, Captain Black - White & Royal. But I am looking for a good Vanilla if anyone has any recommendations.

IMG_0687.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Nice thread. I was just smoking this weekend. I should have taken a pic. Most of the stuff I buy is from a couple of local shops that make their own blends. I haven't been disappointed yet.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice thread. I was just smoking this weekend. I should have taken a pic. Most of the stuff I buy is from a couple of local shops that make their own blends. I haven't been disappointed yet.

What kind of blends? The local shops here (close to me) are kind of a rip off. I'm finding better deals online for cigars and pipe... The fucking Tax on Tobacco here is brutal.

WJCO

Meme King
What kind of blends? The local shops here (close to me) are kind of a rip off. I'm finding better deals online for cigars and pipe... The fucking Tax on Tobacco here is brutal.

Here's a list from their website but I don't think they do online sales. I like pretty much anything with cherry or Cavendish in it.

PIPE TOBACCO

1-Q “Mr. Cool”
RLP-6 “Col. Mustard”
HGL “Herman G. Lane”
BCA “Black Cavendish Aromatic”
BL/WB “Burley Light Without Bite”
El Capitan’s Imperial Vanilla
French Vanilla
Vanilla Royal
Chocolate Truffle
Natural
Optimum
Nougat
Black Kathy
African Queen
Voodoo Queen
Luxury Bulls Eye Flake
Crown Achievement
Proper English
Majestic English
English Toffee
Highland Whiskey
Whiskey Cavendish
Buttered Rum
Sambuca
Pina Colada
Pineapple Express
Fruit Tart
Black Raspberry
Black Cherry Cavendish
Very Cherry
Peaches & Cream
Irish Cream
Virginia Long Cut
Burley & Black
Drew Estate & Tsuge Tins
Dunhill Tins

longarmwj

Here's a list from their website but I don't think they do online sales. I like pretty much anything with cherry or Cavendish in it.

PIPE TOBACCO

1-Q “Mr. Cool”
RLP-6 “Col. Mustard”
HGL “Herman G. Lane”
BCA “Black Cavendish Aromatic”
BL/WB “Burley Light Without Bite”
El Capitan’s Imperial Vanilla
French Vanilla
Vanilla Royal
Chocolate Truffle
Natural
Optimum
Nougat
Black Kathy
African Queen
Voodoo Queen
Luxury Bulls Eye Flake
Crown Achievement
Proper English
Majestic English
English Toffee
Highland Whiskey
Whiskey Cavendish
Buttered Rum
Sambuca
Pina Colada
Pineapple Express
Fruit Tart
Black Raspberry
Black Cherry Cavendish
Very Cherry
Peaches & Cream
Irish Cream
Virginia Long Cut
Burley & Black
Drew Estate & Tsuge Tins
Dunhill Tins
That is a nice list there! I have never tried pipe tobacco, only cigars. I'm sure I would enjoy it considering how much I enjoy a good stogie

WJCO

Meme King
That is a nice list there! I have never tried pipe tobacco, only cigars. I'm sure I would enjoy it considering how much I enjoy a good stogie

It's quite a bit different. Sweeter taste and smell than a cigar. If you want to try it, I would suggest going with a cheap pipe to see if you even like it or not (20-30 bucks), a pipe tool (1 buck), and Cherry or Irish Cream tobacco is pretty mild, IMO. And watch some YouTube videos or something to make sure it's packed right. If you pack it too loose, you can get tobacco in your mouth and if it's too tight, the airflow will be restricted.

longarmwj

It's quite a bit different. Sweeter taste and smell than a cigar. If you want to try it, I would suggest going with a cheap pipe to see if you even like it or not (20-30 bucks), a pipe tool (1 buck), and Cherry or Irish Cream tobacco is pretty mild, IMO. And watch some YouTube videos or something to make sure it's packed right. If you pack it too loose, you can get tobacco in your mouth and if it's too tight, the airflow will be restricted.

Will do! The local cigar shop has a HUGE pipe tobacco section. I might go up there this weekend and see what it is all about.

WJCO

Meme King
Here's some pics of my 'gear.'

The Vector is my go-to pipe. Got the Elk stand in Estes Park I think. Can't remember where I got the travel bag, but it's perfect. Small and compact and has a 2 pouches. One has a liner for tobacco.

DSC02780.JPG

TrailHunter

Hooked
Will do! The local cigar shop has a HUGE pipe tobacco section. I might go up there this weekend and see what it is all about.

If you like to fidget... you will like Pipes ... Vs. Cigars, I wouldn’t say one is better... both different, both cool.

Here's some pics of my 'gear.'

The Vector is my go-to pipe. Got the Elk stand in Estes Park I think. Can't remember where I got the travel bag, but it's perfect. Small and compact and has a 2 pouches. One has a liner for tobacco.

View attachment 329396

That is cool!

USMC Wrangler

I occasionally smoke mine but it’s always got Captain Black, in differing varieties, because it reminds me of my Dad, (RIP).

As a matter of fact, I think I’ll go have one in a bit. Thanks for the thread! [emoji1303]

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
If you like to fidget... you will like Pipes ... Vs. Cigars, I wouldn’t say one is better... both different, both cool.

That is cool!

Is it hard to get the pack right ? Why do you say if you like to fidget . My beef with cigars is you need to commit to a long duration .. I’m often on the go or doing something else so being able to set down and restart is nice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Is it hard to get the pack right ? Why do you say if you like to fidget . My beef with cigars is you need to commit to a long duration .. I’m often on the go or doing something else so being able to set down and restart is nice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pipe: pack it, light it, tamp it, light it, tamp it, light it, tamp it, light it... clean it.

Cigar: light it.

Cigarillos or great for a quick cigar and definitely my favorite.

Brute

Hooked
I haven’t smoked pipe tobacco in over 40 years...as a teenager, I started because my dad smoked a pipe...and it was a good way to keep your hands warm while duck & geese hunting...when I moved to HI, I stopped smoking tobacco...

Dcvfr

I like using the best tobacco pipes

Reading tobacco pipes review has helped me to understand the best features I should look for. Although, I am not addicted to tobacco, but I often use pipe for style.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Picked up another Bones pipe... Poker style is cool because they stand on their own. I dig the way these unfinished pipes age.

IMG_3010.jpg

Sgt_USMC

Was wondering if y’all could help me out? This is my grandfather’s pipe and was wondering if anyone might know a rough value. From my research it’s a block meerschaum made by the koncak family in turkey. The small band in the last picture that my pinky is on does move on the shaft.
D369EB74-6CAB-473F-AFB9-FCE088D8A4F3.jpeg B6881CC8-BD52-4AAB-9887-5897175FE6CD.jpeg DCBDE8EE-159B-443F-B864-63C393563644.jpeg 98D7C90E-246D-447B-84D2-9714B60A1B28.jpeg

Brute

Hooked
I remember when I was a kid you could buy a corn cob pipe from the local drugstore for a dime…

Top Bottom