WELCOME to the All NEW WAYALIFE

bhaner

It'll take a bit of time for the software to know where you've been last but once it's figured it out, you should just be able to click on the thread title and you should be taken to the last post.
Seems to be working now. I also get a green "New" sticker on the top right of the new posts in the thread.

TrailHunter

Hooked
The new site is nice...I'm starting to get used to it. More challenging on the phone due to my eyesight, but that's a me problem...
Ok.. I found a fix.. at least on an iphone.. Safari has a “reader” option that you can adjust the size... This Makes it awesome on my phone.. And I don’t know if it was Eddies doing, but as soon as I scaled up to 125% the Ads went away.

Attachments

• 4D5D6C43-EB7D-4ACA-BBA0-E654ED0D0E0F.jpeg
    4D5D6C43-EB7D-4ACA-BBA0-E654ED0D0E0F.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 8B7E1CEA-20CA-4AFF-A97C-40DF770DEDE4.jpeg
    8B7E1CEA-20CA-4AFF-A97C-40DF770DEDE4.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2
  • D4C1779D-29E6-48AE-8761-4CD94E485E84.jpeg
    D4C1779D-29E6-48AE-8761-4CD94E485E84.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 2

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok.. I found a fix.. at least on an iphone.. Safari has a “reader” option that you can adjust the size... This Makes it awesome on my phone.. And I don’t know if it was Eddies doing, but as soon as I scaled up to 125% the Ads went away.
Awesome! Glad you were able to find that on your iPhone. I was going to try and see if I could find something like that today.

As far as the ads go, we just got rid of them or should I say, the lion share of them for active members. I made a post about it here.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Another thing I noticed... again, on an iphone... if you like to land on a specific location like “latest activity”... you have to “bookmark” it or “add to favorites”... Which is cool, but adds another step to get there. For some reason if you “add to homescreen” it will not return to that page when you click it... it will always start on the main page.. even if you create the button from “latest activity”. Am I the only one having that issue?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing I noticed... again, on an iphone... if you like to land on a specific location like “latest activity”... you have to “bookmark” it or “add to favorites”... Which is cool, but adds another step to get there. For some reason if you “add to homescreen” it will not return to that page when you click it... it will always start on the main page.. even if you create the button from “latest activity”. Am I the only one having that issue?
Yeah, this is an iPhone thing and it is annoying. I'm pretty sure that Android users do not have this problem or will not once we've made all our updates. Sorry. That part sucks for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What is the threshold for an "Active Member"?
Click on link below for more details :)

Brute

Hooked
My phone is a 6...it has a hand crank on the side...

BaddestCross

I Really like it on the computer... but on the phone I can’t see shit... The text is so damn small. Logging in throughout the day, while on the go is gonna be tough. I think thats why I liked the app so much... it was easy on the eyes and to navigate quickly.
Same. Not a huge fan of the mobile site... The app is really good on the phone. I'll get used to it if need be, but I hope the app gets updated to work with the new system.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Same. Not a huge fan of the mobile site... The app is really good on the phone. I'll get used to it if need be, but I hope the app gets updated to work with the new system.
The app was nice for sure and like I said, we're working on trying to make it work here. Although, even if we can, it may be short lived. The company we had develop our original app was bought out by a Chinese company and getting them to do anything has been nothing short of pulling teeth. Also, we pay a LOT of money per month to make it available to our users and make ZERO dollars from it. Any ads that may show up on it, the China company makes. While we're happy to provide it anyway, it literally costs us more to have it than we could ever make from it. And, to top it all off, Apple and Google are making it near impossible for us to keep the app. This has been an ongoing problem and one that has only been getting worse and it's a big part of why we didn't make this move sooner. By making this move, we have to resubmit our app for approval and there's a good chance we won't get the nod.

With all that said, it is my sincere hope that you can live with what you see now, in the event we can't get the app back.

TrailHunter

Hooked
If you can set up the reader feature to zoom in (if you have an iphone) like I mentioned above... it works a lot better... the editing works great, uploading works good and the notifications work.. and it starts to look like an app. I think it will grow on ya.

If you can set up the reader feature to zoom in (if you have an iphone) like I mentioned above... it works a lot better... the editing works great, uploading works good and the notifications work.. and it starts to look like an app. I think it will grow on ya.
The more I play with it the more I like it. 👍 hard to re-train my thumb. Eyes are adjusting to the black screen.

BaddestCross

The app was nice for sure and like I said, we're working on trying to make it work here. Although, even if we can, it may be short lived. The company we had develop our original app was bought out by a Chinese company and getting them to do anything has been nothing short of pulling teeth. Also, we pay a LOT of money per month to make it available to our users and make ZERO dollars from it. Any ads that may show up on it, the China company makes. While we're happy to provide it anyway, it literally costs us more to have it than we could ever make from it. And, to top it all off, Apple and Google are making it near impossible for us to keep the app. This has been an ongoing problem and one that has only been getting worse and it's a big part of why we didn't make this move sooner. By making this move, we have to resubmit our app for approval and there's a good chance we won't get the nod.

With all that said, it is my sincere hope that you can live with what you see now, in the event we can't get the app back.
Understood. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Old dogs and new tricks doesn't always ring true 😂

Top Bottom