Watcha cookin'?

Brute

Hooked
That looks really good. Got a recipe?
Very easy...slice up some bacon and garlic. Scrub and rinse 2 lbs of clams; I used NZ cockles, but Manila’s are fine. get a pot of water boiling and add spaghetti; cook until a couple minutes before they are done; you want to finish cooking pasta in the sauté pan.

Heat up a sauté pan, add a little olive oil and bacon. Cook bacon only halfway, then add garlic. Cook garlic till soft (do not brown), then add clams and a cup of white wine (Sauvignon Blanc) and cover. As the clams open, remove them to a bowl; when all clams are removed (toss any that did not open), add pasta and finish cooking in the clam juice and wine. If sauce is getting too low before before pasta finishes, add a little pasta water until pasta is cooked. Remove from heat, add a couple pats of butter and chopped parsley, some red chili flakes and black pepper (do not add salt; clams are briney) put clams back in and toss. Plate and grate parm or Romano cheese over.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Now that you have some cook time on your egg grill what's your opinion of it?
It’s great. Only change I would make is I would have liked the XXL but that is way overkill. I would probably do the komado joe if I were to do it again because it comes complete and not nickel and dime after.
I like it way better than a pellet grill as well. I don’t think I would trade it for another besides maybe a large stick burning pit but that might get me divorced before I even get married.

CalSgt

Hooked
It’s great. Only change I would make is I would have liked the XXL but that is way overkill. I would probably do the komado joe if I were to do it again because it comes complete and not nickel and dime after.
I like it way better than a pellet grill as well. I don’t think I would trade it for another besides maybe a large stick burning pit but that might get me divorced before I even get married.
I've got a big wood fired sucker that I can tow around behind the truck & its great... for feeding an army

but its a bit much for doing a single pork butt or family meal.

I've been debating on a pellet grill or an egg for my next grill purchase, might need to give the egg another look

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've got a big wood fired sucker that I can tow around behind the truck & its great... for feeding an army

I've been debating on a pellet grill or an egg for my next grill purchase, might need to give the egg another look
If you don’t mind waiting for the coals to light it’s great. But really, it doesn’t take long.

First and foremost. You absolutely NEED both. 🤓
second. Buy Komodo Joe. I’ve had my big green egg for 10 years and they never kept up with the competition and have been left behind.

Brute

Hooked
First and foremost. You absolutely NEED both. 🤓
second. Buy Komodo Joe. I’ve had my big green egg for 10 years and they never kept up with the competition and have been left behind.
19817CA9-E12C-4AF6-A6DF-225C2539206A.jpeg I agree about Kamado Joe...I’ve owned an Egg, and have a Kamado Joe now...and am a big fan of ceramic kamado grills...they both basically cook the same...you just get more for your money...

KJ grilled jerk chicken & mango/carrot slaw...

Jkratt

Pizza night

Attachments

• D52CCA5E-AAC6-4DA7-860C-B0B63E83FAFA.jpeg
    D52CCA5E-AAC6-4DA7-860C-B0B63E83FAFA.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4D7F886C-07D6-4584-80B2-811DDE11FD66.jpeg
    4D7F886C-07D6-4584-80B2-811DDE11FD66.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom