VIDEO : TALL to SMALL - ACCUAIR Suspension System Lets You do it All

jamesrw30

The bouncing cars use hydraulics. Air bags were more typically used on mini trucks and such, which I dig. I really like the idea of this type of setup. My jeep will always be primarily on road with occasional off road. No real hard core rock crawling unless I one day get the chance to hit Moab. If that happens I would make do haha. I'm seeing it as an easy way for wife and kids to get in and out while still being able to get a good lift when I am off road. I would love to see something like this for a jk

kevman65

Hooked
So, you've had a chance to drive the setup. Do you have to adjust track bars, sway bar end links, drag link, and LCA's when you adjust it to different heights or is there a lot of flex in those to accommodate? I imagine the shocks are designed to work through the full range the bags cover.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The bouncing cars use hydraulics. Air bags were more typically used on mini trucks and such, which I dig. I really like the idea of this type of setup. My jeep will always be primarily on road with occasional off road. No real hard core rock crawling unless I one day get the chance to hit Moab. If that happens I would make do haha. I'm seeing it as an easy way for wife and kids to get in and out while still being able to get a good lift when I am off road. I would love to see something like this for a jk
For a guy like you, I think this is where a kit like this really shines. While there is no direct bolt on kit for a JK, I can totally see how it could be made to work and without too much effort. That is, so long as you're willing to find a home for the compressor and tank.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, you've had a chance to drive the setup. Do you have to adjust track bars, sway bar end links, drag link, and LCA's when you adjust it to different heights or is there a lot of flex in those to accommodate? I imagine the shocks are designed to work through the full range the bags cover.
Track bars and control arms are set to the #2 position on the controller. This is 3.5" of lift on a JL and 4.5" on a JT. When lowering yourself 2" for highway travel, there isn't enough change to matter on your suspension and steering geometry. Going above 1" more, you cannot drive faster than 25 mph so it doesn't affect that either.

kevman65

Hooked
Track bars and control arms are set to the #2 position on the controller. This is 3.5" of lift on a JL and 4.5" on a JT. When lowering yourself 2" for highway travel, there isn't enough change to matter on your suspension and steering geometry. Going above 1" more, you cannot drive faster than 25 mph so it doesn't affect that either.
So, are the presets #1 and #2 locked at factory settings? Or can the end user change the #2 preset on a JT to 3.5" or even 2.5" of lift from factory?

I know, I know, I'm getting into things to be discussed in future vidz, bad bad Kevin :eek:

jamesrw30

For a guy like you, I think this is where a kit like this really shines. While there is no direct bolt on kit for a JK, I can totally see how it could be made to work and without too much effort. That is, so long as you're willing to find a home for the compressor and tank.
Could it be plumbed up to something like an arb mounted under the hood? The tank, that would take some thinking but I'm sure there's a spot.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOL - too funny.

Inside the Jeep, you can't really hear the release but you can hear the compressor when idling but as you said, it's not all the time. That's the point of the 3 gallon air tank. To make air up fast and without needing the compressor on all the time. I will ask about how long they last.
Hmm interested to hear about this too. A compressor inside is not on my list of mods I would ever do.

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Reminds me of a popular kit for the TJ's a decade ago. It had a big bulky controller and cost somewhere in the $10k range. Can't recall the brand, but I remember a video of the guy sidehilling at a steep angle and the bags auto compensated. Very cool stuff.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Super cool lift and design! The ability to adjust ride height and level out the truck with a full bed is a huge advantage. Price tag seems very fair for what you get in the kit. Can’t wait for your future videos to see how it wheels and just your general thought on the kit as a daily driver

WheelinMatt

Caught the Bug
I will be eagerly watching what more videos and info you put out about this, I’ve been contemplating a lift but haven’t figured out what I want yet. I love the versatility of this option and am definitely intrigued. I love rock crawling but am nowhere near the level of Cindy & Ed so I will be curious to see how this kit stands up to the kind of wheelin you guys do. If it stands up to that I will definitely consider going with this kit but I will not try installing it myself 🤣

RJV

Very cool. My parents have an LR3 and a new Discovery, both with the air suspensions and I love them both. LR3 has 215k on it, air suspension still works like new so I love the tech. I'm curious how the flex is on the JT one. Do you know if it's cross linked side to side so that as one wheel compresses the air from that bag releases to the other side to help push it down? With solid axles there's probably not a need to push it to the other side, but releasing the pressure should help. The LR3 is cross linked to help the IFS/IRS mimic solid axles (onside goes up forces the opposite down), does it very well. The WK2 air suspension is not cross linked and that's why their flex is terrible.
IMG_4135.JPG IMG_4134.JPG IMG_4133.JPG

Great video. This company really did a good job of rolling this out. Each corner is adjustable with your phone. The kits comes with stuff to air up your tires. All made in the USA with a very fair price. Sounds like a very long warranty life. Dude seems passionate about this.

Hope it sells well, I know this setup will work great for a lot of different wheelers out there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, are the presets #1 and #2 locked at factory settings? Or can the end user change the #2 preset on a JT to 3.5" or even 2.5" of lift from factory?

I know, I know, I'm getting into things to be discussed in future vidz, bad bad Kevin :eek:
Okay, I looked into this and I'm told that setting #1 and #2 are locked at the factory. Only #3 is programmable. On a JT, the kit is intended for a 37" tire but in talking to ACCUAIR, they seem very open to the idea of different options being made available. I will pass on your desire to run 35's to them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Could it be plumbed up to something like an arb mounted under the hood? The tank, that would take some thinking but I'm sure there's a spot.
It's all just plumbing. If you can figure out places to mount things, I'm sure you could make it work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm interested to hear about this too. A compressor inside is not on my list of mods I would ever do.
The compressor is mounted on the skid plate along with the air tank outside and under your Jeep. The only thing mounted on the inside is the controller and air up chuck. You can barely hear it run while sitting idle. Driving, you cannot hear it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Reminds me of a popular kit for the TJ's a decade ago. It had a big bulky controller and cost somewhere in the $10k range. Can't recall the brand, but I remember a video of the guy sidehilling at a steep angle and the bags auto compensated. Very cool stuff.
AiRock is what you're thinking of and yes, it's similar in idea but lightyears ahead of it in terms of execution and function. I mean, it's inevitable due to technological advances and computers alone.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Super cool lift and design! The ability to adjust ride height and level out the truck with a full bed is a huge advantage. Price tag seems very fair for what you get in the kit. Can’t wait for your future videos to see how it wheels and just your general thought on the kit as a daily driver
So far, I really like the quality of the ride. I've already driven it well over 1000 miles and it's very comfortable on road and surprisingly nice off road too. Haven't taken it into the rocks yet but plan on it soon.

Top Bottom