VIDEO : TALL to SMALL - ACCUAIR Suspension System Lets You do it All

Trail Bud

Hooked
So dad gave you the keys, where we going??

Very cool! Not crazy about the air release and fill noise but that doesn’t happen all the time.
Wonder how long it will last 5-10 years?

drrags

I run the OffRoadOnly air suspension on my JK and I love it. They've definitely been feeling the supply crunch though and their kits have been out of stock for quite awhile. I'd definitely be interested in this kit for my JL. The only downside to my air suspension is that you're kind of locked into the shocks, as they are the correct length for the air bags. Droop definitely needs to be controlled because, unlike a spring that gets unseated from too much, the airbag will tear. Anyway, it's got 45,000 miles of trails from high speed SoCal trails to many times on the Rubicon and similar trails, and showing no sign of giving up.

mtudb24

Seems really really cool and I would agree that its probably more towards the overlanding crowd.

One question I have, is this the same AccuAir company that went out of business back in 2020 and was bought by Arnott?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So dad gave you the keys, where we going??

Very cool! Not crazy about the air release and fill noise but that doesn’t happen all the time.
Wonder how long it will last 5-10 years?
LOL - too funny.

Inside the Jeep, you can't really hear the release but you can hear the compressor when idling but as you said, it's not all the time. That's the point of the 3 gallon air tank. To make air up fast and without needing the compressor on all the time. I will ask about how long they last.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems really really cool and I would agree that its probably more towards the overlanding crowd.

One question I have, is this the same AccuAir company that went out of business back in 2020 and was bought by Arnott?
Yup, same company.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Just finished watching the video and I gotta say I’m intrigued by this system for my JT. I mostly like it for the ability to lower the Jeep for highway driving. I don’t think that price is bad at all. I was actually thinking it’d be a lot more. Staying tuned in for the updates.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just finished watching the video and I gotta say I’m intrigued by this system for my JT. I mostly like it for the ability to lower the Jeep for highway driving. I don’t think that price is bad at all. I was actually thinking it’d be a lot more. Staying tuned in for the updates.
Glad you enjoyed the video and honestly, I thought it would be a lot more too. Being able to lower this Jeep to the bump stops to get in or out is pretty cool and driving at 1.5" on the highway is really nice as well - especially on the wallet. With gas prices today, every penny counts.

Brute

Hooked
Ok…I’m sold. It may not be the best suspension system for the hard core rock crawler enthusiast, but for my situation with Brute it would be perfect, since this truck has morphed from a dedicated off road vehicle to a camping/fishing rig. Having a rtt, I always have to find and repark in order to have a level sleeping spot…but it may not be the ideal spot for a view or proximity to a level place for setting up the awning for relaxing/eating. The other great advantage is leveling the truck when loading on extra gear for an extended trip…or some will have a trailer that changes rear riding height. Lastly, my wife will love it…I could lower the truck so she can exit it easily…

Ddays

Hooked
Ok…I’m sold. It may not be the best suspension system for the hard core rock crawler enthusiast, but for my situation with Brute it would be perfect, since this truck has morphed from a dedicated off road vehicle to a camping/fishing rig. Having a rtt, I always have to find and repark in order to have a level sleeping spot…but it may not be the ideal spot for a view or proximity to a level place for setting up the awning for relaxing/eating. The other great advantage is leveling the truck when loading on extra gear for an extended trip…or some will have a trailer that changes rear riding height. Lastly, my wife will love it…I could lower the truck so she can exit it easily…
Will it work on a JK platform?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For someone like you and how you use your Jeep, I think this really is a perfect setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool for sure!... I bagged my 65' C10 so I have a little experience with the concept (different vehicle I know). My concern would be Flex on the rocks or lack there of... and a harsh ride on the trail. I find if you air up for height... the ride can suck (more pressure in the bag)... but if you add weight it gets softer. So I guess you would need to find that balance of height vs weight per your rig. Not to sound negative but I think it's for the guy that doesn't wheel much... but I'm really curious to see what you think after testing it.
Okay, talked to ACCUAIR and was told that up to 4.5" of lift, the spring rate will be the same across the spectrum due to the strut design. At 5.5" of lift, the ride will be firmer. As far as flex goes, I shared some of my thoughts with them and got a confirmation that might interest you. I hope to show what I was thinking in a future video :)

TrailHunter

Hooked
Okay, talked to ACCUAIR and was told that up to 4.5" of lift, the spring rate will be the same across the spectrum due to the strut design. At 5.5" of lift, the ride will be firmer. As far as flex goes, I shared some of my thoughts with them and got a confirmation that might interest you. I hope to show what I was thinking in a future video :)
Oh Wow... Thats crazy it can stay the same like that.. I don't quite understand the strut part of it... lookin forward to the follow up video. 👍

Top Bottom