VIDEO : Starting a New Year of Wheeling Right - 2022 WAYALIFE Kick Off Run

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Perfect video for a perfect day on the trail. Learned so much about what I could do in my jeep. It's funny how the camera doesn't give an accurate "oh shit" when you come around those switch backs up on Black Mountain, how epic it was to just bomb out across the desert in the dark on our exit. Thanks again to Eddie, Cindy, Mel, Harley & EVO Crew for letting me tag along.

RCC

That looks like the perfect way to start the new year.

Question for you Eddie, do you notice many differences going to 20" wheels/42" tires over your original set up? Pros and cons?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m super happy you made this video! You had just the right amount to film. It looks like it was a great trip and hopefully I can make it next year. Never been on a NY run and I have to say I really need to start.
Good to see Moochie in good spirit even with the flop. Takes a crack in a Jeeps windshield to a different level. LOL 😂
Yeah, we're glad we made it too. What we were really missing were shots of more of the Jeeps that came as well as the shinanagans we had with our friends. Hard to film when you're having so much fun. Glad you enjoyed it just the same.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great trip! My stock JT would have struggled, maybe after the lift and tires, I will be able to do that trail.
We didn't show it on the video but there were bypasses for just about everything tough we encountered. I think you would have been fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
once again, good timing with video release!

looks like it was a fun run, kudos to Moochie for quoting what she said "Do it again?" lol

I'm itching to gtfo and start wheeling!
Glad you enjoyed it and hope you're able to get out sooner than later. (y)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For not having a lot of video clips, you put together a great vid! Sorry about Moochie's Jeep, glad he was able to drive out of it. Thanks for the video, Eddie and Cindy.
LOL - missed you on this one and hope you'll be able to join us out on the trail again soon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That looks like the perfect way to start the new year.

Question for you Eddie, do you notice many differences going to 20" wheels/42" tires over your original set up? Pros and cons?
Pros of the 42's is that you have better approach, breakover and departure angles. Cons is that even with the extra lift and trimming of fenders, we still rubbed like a son of a bitch and completely destroyed our DRL's. Gonna have to figure out a creative way to add bump stop extensions up front at the very least.

Reactions: RCC

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Perfect video for a perfect day on the trail. Learned so much about what I could do in my jeep. It's funny how the camera doesn't give an accurate "oh shit" when you come around those switch backs up on Black Mountain, how epic it was to just bomb out across the desert in the dark on our exit. Thanks again to Eddie, Cindy, Mel, Harley & EVO Crew for letting me tag along.
It was great to meet you and I'm glad you enjoyed the video. And no, the camera never does a trip like this justice.

Looks like a great trip! My stock JT would have struggled, maybe after the lift and tires, I will be able to do that trail.
Make sure you do some good research on lifts too. I made a poor decision on mine and will end up needing to replace it.

For the record I had bought an AEV 2.5” dual sport. 🤦

Last edited:
Top Bottom