VIDEO : Our Brand New Jeep Gladiator - Close Up Look & First Impressions

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Inquiring minds want to know (well, at least mine does)...how are you going to address your spare, assuming your going up to 40's...in the bed, or off the tailgate?

My assumption would be off the tailgate like evo did. I can’t see Cindy and Eddie wanting to loose the bed space

It was our hope to install an EVO tire carrier but last I heard, this may or may not be something they will produce or at the very least, it may not be ready in time. Needless to say, we're looking at all options even if it's a temporary one.

Brute

Hooked
It was our hope to install an EVO tire carrier but last I heard, this may or may not be something they will produce or at the very least, it may not be ready in time. Needless to say, we're looking at all options even if it's a temporary one.

You can always strap it in the bed Until you figure out its final mounting solution

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I want to say it had something to do with how hard it is to make but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, that's most likely what I'll end up doing if that's what it comes to.

I’m really curious how evo (or any manufacturer for that matter) can make something that would retain the use of the reverse camera. Maybe someone can figure out how to wire up a JL camera on a swing out carrier or something. If not, a roof rack on the cab wouldn’t be too terrible to mount a tire on, though taking it down and lifting it up would be a chore... definitely some things to consider. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
Seems like if you put a 40” tire in the bed of a JT, you’d have about the same cubic storage area as a JLU... without the benefit of a shorter wheel base.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m really curious how evo (or any manufacturer for that matter) can make something that would retain the use of the reverse camera. Maybe someone can figure out how to wire up a JL camera on a swing out carrier or something. If not, a roof rack on the cab wouldn’t be too terrible to mount a tire on, though taking it down and lifting it up would be a chore... definitely some things to consider. [emoji848]

All you would really need to do is relocate the camera. Shouldn't be too hard to do being that it just plugs into a wire.

Seems like if you put a 40” tire in the bed of a JT, you’d have about the same cubic storage area as a JLU... without the benefit of a shorter wheel base.

There are solutions to this problem I am considering :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

pop2tu

VIDEO : Our Brand New Jeep Gladiator - Close Up Look & First Impressions

What about something like this, not really taking up bed space but not not your typical Jeep setup IMG_1931.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Also doesn’t take away from departure angle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not if you stand the tire up...

Thought about that but with a RTT rack, it might be kind of hard to do. Still, I'm looking into this or something like it as an option.

What about something like this, not really taking up bed space but not not your typical Jeep setup

Also doesn’t take away from departure angle.

Prerunner style would be nice but there's no way I'd be able to get something like that made ahead of the JL/JT Experience. Plus, it's make us a lot longer.

On the hood? OG style.

LOL - I have a feeling the aluminum hood would buckle under the weight and a 40 would completely block the view ahead :cheesy:

What size of tire does the factory location allow? I’m assuming it won’t be as simple as relocating a mount under there to squeak out a couple inches more.

Top Bottom