VIDEO : Our Brand New Jeep Gladiator - Close Up Look & First Impressions

Eddie: one question I have and, bear with me a bit here.
Assuming you guys have had it off-road some already, do you noticed the rear end wanting to go into “wheel hop” at all when climbing obstacles? I would assume that the coil and shock setup would greatly reduce that from the standard leaf spring setup.
I ask because, it was a big reason I ditched trucks long ago for off-road rigs. I just found that to be really annoying and, perhaps it was due to suspension setup issues.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What can I say so jealous. Nothing like having a new toy. Congrats now go get it dirty.

We intend to :)

That forward facing camera is nice. Jeep needs to add that to the JL.

It really is a nice addition.

Really cool........apparently we will be getting the V-6 Turbo version!! Call it "SPARTACUS":blush:

No kidding - way cool.

Congrats on your Juck! I don’t think I said that yet. I can see how excited you were picking it up. Been awhile since I’ve had that rush so it was cool living vicariously through you. Thanks for the video and the honest first impressions.

Thank you and I'm glad to hear you could appreciate my honest first impressions. :)

Congrats on your much deserved JT! I know mine is going to need some work to get where I want it. Cant wait to see what you do with yours!

Thank you. Hope to bring you updates on it soon :)

Congrats on the gladiator!

Thank you :)

Eddie: one question I have and, bear with me a bit here.
Assuming you guys have had it off-road some already, do you noticed the rear end wanting to go into “wheel hop” at all when climbing obstacles? I would assume that the coil and shock setup would greatly reduce that from the standard leaf spring setup.
I ask because, it was a big reason I ditched trucks long ago for off-road rigs. I just found that to be really annoying and, perhaps it was due to suspension setup issues.

Although I haven't tested our JT in those conditions yet, I have in the EVO JT and I can tell you, none of that existed on it. The coils made a HUGE difference in how this truck feels.

Congratulations on the JT. Really enjoyed the video. I appreciate your honesty in your thoughts. It’s one of the reasons I love your videos. Looking forward to more. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I rewatched the video...your comments on the truck having a stiffer ride than your stock JLU may be due to the max tow package which probably have stiffer springs than without the tow package...

You might consider the name Marcus ...Marcus Attilius was a famous gladiator during Roman Times...

TrailHunter

Hooked
A few more name ideas:

1. Rubicorn
2. Mono - Monoceros (Unicorn Constellation)
3. Andre - Andre the Giant
4. Echo - “What you do in life, echoes in eternity”
5. Schooner - Prairie Schooner

jesse3638

Hooked
So awesome you finally got it. I love the honest feedback. As you have always said its hard for people who have spent a lot of money on something to be critical of it. Also I'd take mormon crickets over a swarm of Jeruselum crickets (potato bugs). Gives me the heebee jeebee's just thinking about them.

Founds this new article from this morning on whats going on with them. Thought I'd share.
https://www.ksl.com/article/46599978/mormon-crickets-swarm-southeast-idaho-towns

jorgelrod

Hooked
Hey Eddie why you don't wait for the diesel version for the Gladiator? Just out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm sure Eddie will Chime in, but two I could think off is New untested powerplant and if he wants to swap a V8 later, he'll have issues legally as swapping from Gas to diesel in many states is a hassle if they do emissions and the like.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I responded to this by PM but thought I should add it here as well. While I love diesel trucks, I'm not real big fan about one on a Jeep. It's not available as of yet, it'll be way more expensive, the engine will be way bigger and heavier, it'll require DEF, from what I understand, it won't be able to tow as much due to heat and there isn't any diesel available in the remote stretches of Nevada. Just to name a few.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is what surprises me the most, considering that it has higher torque and almost all heavy hauling is done by diesel engine based vehicles.

The power is there, they just can't keep it cool. So, they're having to dial it back. At least, that's what I've been hearing.

Brute

Hooked
Inquiring minds want to know (well, at least mine does)...how are you going to address your spare, assuming your going up to 40's...in the bed, or off the tailgate?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Inquiring minds want to know (well, at least mine does)...how are you going to address your spare, assuming your going up to 40's...in the bed, or off the tailgate?

My assumption would be off the tailgate like evo did. I can’t see Cindy and Eddie wanting to loose the bed space

Top Bottom