VIDEO : Our Brand New Jeep Gladiator - Close Up Look & First Impressions

Brute

Hooked
Thought about that but with a RTT rack, it might be kind of hard to do. Still, I'm looking into this or something like it as an option.

Prerunner style would be nice but there's no way I'd be able to get something like that made ahead of the JL/JT Experience. Plus, it's make us a lot longer.

LOL - I have a feeling the aluminum hood would buckle under the weight and a 40 would completely block the view ahead :cheesy:

My Series 3 LR was all aluminum, and I had the spare on the hood...but it was a 35"...

Brute

Hooked
Sure, that would help... but sounds like he’s considering a RTT. Can’t wait to see what he comes up with.

I have a 40" standing in the bed in the back of Brute and it's below the cab roof...but it will be a tight fit with the bed rack. Of course, if you let out some air in the spare....

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 40" standing in the bed in the back of Brute and it's below the cab roof...but it will be a tight fit with the bed rack. Of course, if you let out some air in the spare....

That's always an option :crazyeyes:

Maybe just go without a spare. It’s all the rage, in some quarters.

LOL - guess that's an option if I want to be one of the cool kids.

Brute

Hooked
There is a lot to be said about being able to hoist a 40" wheel & tire into the back of a pickup and roll it to it's mounting spot versus lifting it onto a couple studs on a tire carrier...I'm a 60 yo man with a bad back and I have lifted my 40" into Brute several times (just to make sure I can)...not to mention getting it off the truck vs traditional tire carrier...I've even thought about having a thin lightweight aluminum ramp to carry to do this even more easily...maybe when I'm 70....

There is a lot to be said about being able to hoist a 40" wheel & tire into the back of a pickup and roll it to it's mounting spot versus lifting it onto a couple studs on a tire carrier...I'm a 60 yo man with a bad back and I have lifted my 40" into Brute several times (just to make sure I can)...not to mention getting it off the truck vs traditional tire carrier...I've even thought about having a thin lightweight aluminum ramp to carry to do this even more easily...maybe when I'm 70....

Sand ladder/ramp. Not a terrible idea. Maybe when I’m 70. lol

Top Bottom