VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - LoD JL Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper & WARN Zeon 10s Install

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great, and a great step by step video. Any reason for not going with the Power plant like your other 2 JKs?

I love the PowerPlant but we've been running one on both our JK for a long time. On Moby, for over 10 years and that should speak volumes. We just wanted to try something new for the experience if nothing else and the Zeon is it. :yup:

Looks great! Can’t go wrong with an LoD bumper!

Nope, definitely can't go wrong with an LoD. :cool:

benatc1

Hooked
I love the PowerPlant but we've been running one on both our JK for a long time. On Moby, for over 10 years and that should speak volumes. We just wanted to try something new for the experience if nothing else and the Zeon is it. :yup:

Nope, definitely can't go wrong with an LoD. :cool:

Nice, that make sense! Yea I knew how happy you guys had been with it, so was just curious. Zeons are nice for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. Great video. I'm still trying to decide on the LOD bumper or the EVO

That's a tough one as both are real nice.

Looks good on Jet Li! Can’t wait to see the rest of the build and what your JL will look like down the road.

More than likely, it'll change more than a few times in the years to come. At least, that's how it was with Moby :)

Jet Li looks sexy with that setup.

Thanks!

Great video. Wondering about the the Zeon vs. the Zeon platinum. Is the plug in more reliable than the remote?

There would definitely be benefits to having a wireless remote but for me personally, I like to keep things as simple as possible. Less things to go wrong is always a good thing.

Dale72

Hooked
That's a tough one as both are real nice.

More than likely, it'll change more than a few times in the years to come. At least, that's how it was with Moby :)

Thanks!

There would definitely be benefits to having a wireless remote but for me personally, I like to keep things as simple as possible. Less things to go wrong is always a good thing.
Yeah it is a tough decision

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

👍👍👍

Another great video guys! I have been looking at that winch. Don’t get me wrong, I love my powerplant, but it does block a lot of air to the radiator. Looking to get your feedback. Keeping things simple is always the best approach and I can tell you that on my 8274 on “Papa Mo” it’s never let me down in 38 years with 3 winch controls broken and lost, we could use a dime to power in and out. Thanks again for all the great information:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video guys! I have been looking at that winch. Don’t get me wrong, I love my powerplant, but it does block a lot of air to the radiator. Looking to get your feedback. Keeping things simple is always the best approach and I can tell you that on my 8274 on “Papa Mo” it’s never let me down in 38 years with 3 winch controls broken and lost, we could use a dime to power in and out. Thanks again for all the great information:thumb:

Oh yeah, hard to beat an 8274. They are massive though. :crazyeyes:

ibgpin

Thanks for the Videos

Just watched the latest video of Jet Li's transformation. Wanted to thank you for all the videos, I am planning on doing many of the same things to my JLRU when it arrives. I may not use the same products for each upgrade, but your extremely well made videos and accompanying written instructions are a life saver. I have already learned many things about my new Jeep and I don't even have it yet. Keep up the good work, you are helping more people then you realize.:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched the latest video of Jet Li's transformation. Wanted to thank you for all the videos, I am planning on doing many of the same things to my JLRU when it arrives. I may not use the same products for each upgrade, but your extremely well made videos and accompanying written instructions are a life saver. I have already learned many things about my new Jeep and I don't even have it yet. Keep up the good work, you are helping more people then you realize.:thumb:

Glad to hear it and glad to have you here. :yup:

CCTX50

Planning on purchase of this bumper for my JK. I already have a Warn Zeon 10s. Do you think it would be easier to install winch on the bumper before mounting bumper on Jeep?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Planning on purchase of this bumper for my JK. I already have a Warn Zeon 10s. Do you think it would be easier to install winch on the bumper before mounting bumper on Jeep?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not if you're installing everything yourself. I mean, that would be a LOT of weight to be working with.

SmileyFtW

Is it normal for bolts to be installed from the bottom?

I have been taught to have the bolts installed so that they don't fall out should the nut come loose; is the "upside down" installation "normal" on Jeeps?

WJCO

Meme King
While our original plan was to install a WARN Zeon 10s onto our factory front Rubicon Steel Bumper, we got talking to our friends over at LoD Offroad and decided to change our plans and test out one of their all new, JL Destroyer Shorty front bumpers. Fortunately, it comes with a built in winch plate, a winch protector hoop with auxiliary light mounting tabs and ports to allow for the mounting factory fog lights. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what it took to get both installed on JET Li, our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. We hope you enjoy.
[/video]

:cool:

I assume since you've installed this, no issues with the way the wiring is hooked up? Just with that second battery business, just making sure those terminals you used are working OK.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I assume since you've installed this, no issues with the way the wiring is hooked up? Just with that second battery business, just making sure those terminals you used are working OK.

Oh yeah, no problems. :cool:

Top Bottom