VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Axle Alley Florence Junction / PART 3

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you recently got Moby back...what was the engine code and the issue with the trans not engaging?

So, the transmission issue you see in this video was caused by sitting on a crazy steep obstacle for way too long. The check engine light you hear us talking about is a separate issue and it was the beginning of what ultimately led to what you see in the beginning of episode 1. You'll get to hear more about this in the next episode.

Just watched this with the wife and daughter the line breaks made them scream. Wow that’s a awesome trail
Great video as always Eddie & Cindy

LOL - We weren't sure if the camera would be able to do what we were experiencing out there justice. That what you saw could make your wife and daughter react in that way is just awesome. :thumb:

Needed the garret scale again. That’s massive!!
The pecan whiskey made its debut too!
Very cool.
That was a fun day from this side.
Keep it coming.

Sure wish you could join us for some of these. I think you would of had fun :yup:

Was watching and thinking the same thing. Would love to spend some time at that ledge and see if we could actually make it happen.

It can be done. Granted, the wall has changed and I do think it's harder now but the last time we were there, Greg almost made it completely on his own power and the only help he got was Mel pulling on the winch line by hand. That's how close he was.

There are a lot of other fun trails back there that we didn't get to run on this trip. We need to make a weekend of it :thumb:

jdofmemi

Just watched this on the big screen.

After that, watching on the phone is just no good.

What an adventure, crazy waterfall climbs.

Knowing how the camera doesn't do justice to things like this, I can imagine how steep it truly is. The winch line break, twice, was intense, and Cindy's expression was great. Credit to her, many people would have given up after the first break, and most of the rest after the second.

Loved the taco truck at camp, and tye haircut, plus turning it into an impromptu hairpiece 🤣🤣🤣

Looking forward to seeing the next one!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched this on the big screen.

After that, watching on the phone is just no good.

What an adventure, crazy waterfall climbs.

Knowing how the camera doesn't do justice to things like this, I can imagine how steep it truly is. The winch line break, twice, was intense, and Cindy's expression was great. Credit to her, many people would have given up after the first break, and most of the rest after the second.

Loved the taco truck at camp, and tye haircut, plus turning it into an impromptu hairpiece 🤣🤣🤣

Looking forward to seeing the next one!

It really is tough to capture what it's really like with a camera. I'm glad that you can understand that and imagine what it must have felt like to be there. Also, so happy that you enjoyed watching our video :cool:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
So, the transmission issue you see in this video was caused by sitting on a crazy steep obstacle for way too long. The check engine light you hear us talking about is a separate issue and it was the beginning of what ultimately led to what you see in the beginning of episode 1. You'll get to hear more about this in the next episode.

LOL - We weren't sure if the camera would be able to do what we were experiencing out there justice. That what you saw could make your wife and daughter react in that way is just awesome. :thumb:

Sure wish you could join us for some of these. I think you would of had fun :yup:

It can be done. Granted, the wall has changed and I do think it's harder now but the last time we were there, Greg almost made it completely on his own power and the only help he got was Mel pulling on the winch line by hand. That's how close he was.

There are a lot of other fun trails back there that we didn't get to run on this trip. We need to make a weekend of it :thumb:

[emoji1001]

Also, the camera never does these climbs justice. If (when) the winch line goes, you’re in for a ride backwards. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What a riot. Cindy is a badass. And Dave from Synergy is fucking hilarious. Crazy good times. Leave it to Mel to somehow get a food truck out in BFE for tacos [emoji23]

treys1

Great video as usual, the line breaks are just nuts! Before pulling the line just spinning them, giving it a shot was awesome.

benatc1

Hooked
Nothing like some good night wheeling! That trail seemed pretty legit and obviously took some time. Thanks for sharing that adventure, that Pecan Whiskey is pretty good too, Doug shared some with me when I stopped by his place a month or 2 ago.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
Another epic video! That was one awesome afternoon/evening. The first wall was insane and the footage you got is amazing. So thankful to have these memories for years to come. Thanks for sharing. [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Fantastic video Eddie! Glad to see you guys enjoyed our local trails here. The Florence group of trails are an awesome bunch that will give you a huge variety depending on what you want for the day or night!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome video! That wall is nuts!!! Cindy and Dave were both close to getting up it from the looks of it!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a riot. Cindy is a badass. And Dave from Synergy is fucking hilarious. Crazy good times. Leave it to Mel to somehow get a food truck out in BFE for tacos [emoji23]

Thanks Casey. Glad you enjoyed the video :thumb:

Stellar video! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome. Happy to hear you had fun watching it :cool:

Great video as usual, the line breaks are just nuts! Before pulling the line just spinning them, giving it a shot was awesome.

Thank you. The line breaks were intense as were the epic drops that followed LOL :crazyeyes:

Nothing like some good night wheeling! That trail seemed pretty legit and obviously took some time. Thanks for sharing that adventure, that Pecan Whiskey is pretty good too, Doug shared some with me when I stopped by his place a month or 2 ago.

Always enjoy us some night wheeling and this trail was definitely legit. Glad you've been able to try some of the pecan whiskey. For as cheap as it is and as drinkable as it is, I think it'll be our new staple for trips like this. We tried bringing nicer whiskey in the past but not everyone is into it and the people who are know better than to shoot it. This stuff is shootable and gets the party going :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another epic video! That was one awesome afternoon/evening. The first wall was insane and the footage you got is amazing. So thankful to have these memories for years to come. Thanks for sharing. [emoji1360]

Crazy good times for sure and it was great to have you there to join in on the fun. :thumb:

Fantastic video Eddie! Glad to see you guys enjoyed our local trails here. The Florence group of trails are an awesome bunch that will give you a huge variety depending on what you want for the day or night!

Oh yeah, Florence Junction is one of our favorite places to wheel anywhere. Great stuff out there for sure. Glad you enjoyed the video :cool:

Awesome video! That wall is nuts!!! Cindy and Dave were both close to getting up it from the looks of it!

Time permitting, I know that both Cindy, Dave and even a few others would have wanted to give a few more tries. Glad you enjoyed the video :yup:

Discount Tire

Thank you for posting some video of some of my favorite trails in AZ. I've been up Axle alley but not the waterfall on a quad. We have done Ajax, Highway to hell, Elvis and most of the others on quads and side by sides. Those big climbs we a hoot watching your full body Jeeps climb up them. I was a bit freaked out when Cindy's winch cable broke.

Doing them in the dark would raise the bar as well. Looks like you are had a blast. Thank you for putting together another hardcore fun trail ride adventure.

Here is a classic photo from Ajax mine trail near where you guys were. This is from 2011 but it reminds me of you guys all helping each other. On quads everybody is ready to jump in and help this rider. Goof thing they were close and saved his quad from coming over on him.

IMG_7284-L.jpg
:eek:

Last edited:

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Another great video! I used to Jeep all over that area many, many years ago and never even knew that trail existed. 🤔

After watching your winch line break I ordered a new line!! Ha, Ha, Ha!!! 🤣😂🤣

Keep those videos coming!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't know if anyone mentioned, but that was the same place Eddie. Mel, Greg and David ran a few years ago and Mel made it up without a winch.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
this has been a great video series, thx for posting it! :rock:

Awesome! So glad to hear you've been enjoying it :thumb:

Thank you for posting some video of some of my favorite trails in AZ. I've been up Axle alley but not the waterfall on a quad. We have done Ajax, Highway to hell, Elvis and most of the others on quads and side by sides. Those big climbs we a hoot watching your full body Jeeps climb up them. I was a bit freaked out when Cindy's winch cable broke.

Doing them in the dark would raise the bar as well. Looks like you are had a blast. Thank you for putting together another hardcore fun trail ride adventure.

Here is a classic photo from Ajax mine trail near where you guys were. This is from 2011 but it reminds me of you guys all helping each other. On quads everybody is ready to jump in and help this rider. Goof thing they were close and saved his quad from coming over on him.

Awesome! You're lucky to have that as your backyard. Great trails and good times to be had out there for sure :thumb:

Another great video! I used to Jeep all over that area many, many years ago and never even knew that trail existed. 🤔

After watching your winch line break I ordered a new line!! Ha, Ha, Ha!!! 🤣😂🤣

Keep those videos coming!

LOL - yeah, I'd been telling myself to replace that line for years. Fortunately, nothing bad came from it breaking when it did. :crazyeyes:

I don't know if anyone mentioned, but that was the same place Eddie. Mel, Greg and David ran a few years ago and Mel made it up without a winch.

Yup, same trail different year. The wall definitely seemed taller and harder this time around.

Top Bottom