VIDEO : Improve Your JL or JT Headlights for Cheap by Installing LED Bulbs

onlyone

Definitely faster and easier to remove the grille. Lol at least on the diesel. Can’t remember how the box is mounted in the gas.

Jeeper99

Definitely faster and easier to remove the grille. Lol at least on the diesel. Can’t remember how the box is mounted in the gas.
The air box on the gas 3.6 comes out in a couple minutes. The grill on my JLUR with a winch, won't come out without loosening the bumper and probably removing the winch. The JL frame really didn't leave enough room for a Warn Zeon. An extra 1/4" would be a great help, another 1/2" would be a game changer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is no need to remove the grill. You can access the caps of the housings from the rear. The air cleaner box needs to come out. That doesn't take long to remove.
LOL - I'm pretty sure I just said as much but glad to hear you agree :)
The air box on the gas 3.6 comes out in a couple minutes. The grill on my JLUR with a winch, won't come out without loosening the bumper and probably removing the winch. The JL frame really didn't leave enough room for a Warn Zeon. An extra 1/4" would be a great help, another 1/2" would be a game changer.
If you don't have a winch installed, it IS a LOT faster to just remove the grill. If you watch the video, you will see as much.

rubi_vette

Is there any bulbs that don't require a tazer JL To tell it that they're led bulbs? I would like to get something for my JL just upgraded the DRLs and the turn signals on the rubicon.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any bulbs that don't require a tazer JL To tell it that they're led bulbs? I would like to get something for my JL just upgraded the DRLs and the turn signals on the rubicon.
These bulbs did NOT require a Tazer to work.

WJCO

Meme King
I guess I really over-thought this. The grill came out fine even being really fricking close to the winch. I posted pics for anyone else with a close winch like this.

The distance between the warn zeon and the grill is 1/2" at bottom and 1" at the top.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Once I pulled the top plastic clips, I just leaned the grille against the winch and it pulled right upward after that.

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Thank you for the video. Made it really easy to follow and have tools ready. We got each Jeep done in about 15 minutes.

For anyone with halogen factory bulbs, these Beamtechs put out a lot more light without spending a shit ton of money.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I really over-thought this. The grill came out fine even being really fricking close to the winch. I posted pics for anyone else with a close winch like this.

The distance between the warn zeon and the grill is 1/2" at bottom and 1" at the top.

View attachment 383836

View attachment 383837

Once I pulled the top plastic clips, I just leaned the grille against the winch and it pulled right upward after that.

View attachment 383838

View attachment 383839

View attachment 383840

Thank you for the video. Made it really easy to follow and have tools ready. We got each Jeep done in about 15 minutes.

For anyone with halogen factory bulbs, these Beamtechs put out a lot more light without spending a shit ton of money.
Awesome! Glad to hear our video was helpful and thank you for posting up the pics. Now I know it can be done even with a winch installed 👍🏻

rubi_vette

So I ordered those that Wayalife had mentioned, Amazon couldn't ship them after saying they were shipped, than delayed 5 days. So now I'm refunded the amount, and curious what other ones should I buy; never had this happen before.

So I ordered those that Wayalife had mentioned, Amazon couldn't ship them after saying they were shipped, than delayed 5 days. So now I'm refunded the amount, and curious what other ones should I buy; never had this happen before.
I have encountered a lot of similar Amazon problems. Either things are great or they are really screwed up. Try again and maybe it will work.

Beezer Dog

The factory halogen headlights that come stock on a Jeep JL Wrangler or JT Gladiator have never been something that Cindy and I have been thrilled about. At times, we feel as if they put out about as much light as a dining room candle, especially when driving across vast stretches of the Nevada desert at night. Fortunately, it doesn’t take much or even cost much to significantly improve the amount of light your headlights put out and the quality of it as well! All you have to do is install a set of replacement H13 LED bulbs and in this short video, you'll get to see just how quick and easy it is to do.

BEAMTECH H13 LED Bulbs - https://amzn.to/3KQJcXD

#jeep #headlights #led #wrangler #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #gladiator #jeepgladiator #gladiatortruck #jeepjt #jtjeep #jeepgladiator #wayalife #ledbulbs #h13 #installation

Please note that the Amazon links posted are associate links and WAYALIFE does earn a small kickback for purchases made through them.
Do you need to reprogram JL software when upgrading from factory halogen headlights to Beamtechs LED H13’s? Any additional kits on Jeep required as well? Some folks mentioned this for Morimoto Super 7’s 2.0’s… so this concerned me.

onlyone

Do you need to reprogram JL software when upgrading from factory halogen headlights to Beamtechs LED H13’s? Any additional kits on Jeep required as well? Some folks mentioned this for Morimoto Super 7’s 2.0’s… so this concerned me.
No.

Anspiew

I’m satisfied. Hope they hold up well. The kids didn’t want to lose the cool Jeep logo front headlight. Still waiting on the fog lights to get here. IMG_1309.jpeg

Attachments

• 70844595273__338FC954-57C3-4457-B6AA-394B2359B827.jpeg
    70844595273__338FC954-57C3-4457-B6AA-394B2359B827.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 0

Anspiew

We did LED fog lights first and that made a huge difference. Then we did this headlight mod months later and it was even better. Definitely an affordable and quality way to ditch the halogens.
What brand fog light did you go with if you remember? I just did some that looked similar to these with the fan but this specific brand didn’t have the fog lights.

WJCO

Meme King
What brand fog light did you go with if you remember? I just did some that looked similar to these with the fan but this specific brand didn’t have the fog lights.
I honestly don't remember. Got them a couple years ago I think.

Top Bottom