VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 4 - NITTO JKX / Road to Reward Mine & Cerro Gordo

fiend

Caught the Bug
Watched this tonight. Reinforced the importance of not wheeling alone. You never know when something’s going to happen.
Reward mine looks interesting. Added to me to do list.

Thanks for the latest JKX installment!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite part of the JKX. Glad you guys captured it so well. Rocks are cool, but I sure like being able to open it up let the LS do its thing a lot more. Gonna have to make it back out there soon.

It was a long day for us but a really good day for sure. Once again, thank you for all your help in getting Moby up and running again. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Watched this tonight. Reinforced the importance of not wheeling alone. You never know when something’s going to happen.
Reward mine looks interesting. Added to me to do list.

Thanks for the latest JKX installment!

Not gonna lie, we wheel alone all the time but it is in moments like these that I am glad we weren't alone.

Finally got caught up. Awesome video as always. My favorite area to explore. Bummer about the breakdown but cool you figured it out. Thanks for making these. Glad there is another one coming. I’m going with 34:00.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Dang such a bummer with the engine issues and I feel for ya getting towed out. I have been there done that when I hydro locked my 08 it was about a 15 mile tow pretty much all steep down hill stopping every few minutes to let the brakes cool and went through a whole case of water trying to cool them down to make it out. I actually at one point had to rear end my buddy because I couldn't stop and he used his brakes to stop me my rotors glowing hot. Not to mention turning 37s with no ability to turn the engine on for a min to get steering down the switch backs. Not a fun experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Graywolf

What a great Video, Glad Mobly was an easy fix. It seems over the years I have been wheeling, I have learned that when shit goes south, to check grounds and fuses first. But again a great trip so far, and I'm guessing 38:28 for part 5 :D

Spazbyt

Hooked
And yet another awesome video. :clap2: Does hydro assist steering make it any harder to steer with no power?

44:32

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! Great video...I feel your pain when an electrical gremlin screws up your trip...

LOL - guess you would be one to know :crazyeyes:

Finally got caught up. Awesome video as always. My favorite area to explore. Bummer about the breakdown but cool you figured it out. Thanks for making these. Glad there is another one coming. I’m going with 34:00.

It really is a beautiful area for sure. Maybe one of my favorites in California.

Dang such a bummer with the engine issues and I feel for ya getting towed out. I have been there done that when I hydro locked my 08 it was about a 15 mile tow pretty much all steep down hill stopping every few minutes to let the brakes cool and went through a whole case of water trying to cool them down to make it out. I actually at one point had to rear end my buddy because I couldn't stop and he used his brakes to stop me my rotors glowing hot. Not to mention turning 37s with no ability to turn the engine on for a min to get steering down the switch backs. Not a fun experience.

Yeah, it really wasn't any fun. What sucked is that our engine still ran, albeit in limp mode but without a fan and in triple digit heat, we would have overheated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What a great Video, Glad Mobly was an easy fix. It seems over the years I have been wheeling, I have learned that when shit goes south, to check grounds and fuses first. But again a great trip so far, and I'm guessing 38:28 for part 5 :D

Yeah, those were all things we had checked and more than once with more than one pair of eyes. At the time, all checked out.

And yet another awesome video. :clap2: Does hydro assist steering make it any harder to steer with no power?

44:32

Nope, made no real difference. 40" tires, now they make a BIG difference :crazyeyes:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Awesome addition to the series! Sorry moby had some trouble... we all CLEARLY saw you and Mel check the fuses first, good on Bubba for the double check :thumb:

32:30

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last video was intense, those poor brakes. Imma go with 42:36

LOL - yeah, them brakes weren't too happy :crazyeyes:

Awesome addition to the series! Sorry moby had some trouble... we all CLEARLY saw you and Mel check the fuses first, good on Bubba for the double check :thumb:

32:30

Trouble happens - just happened to happen to us this time around.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
No power steering on 40’s and frying the brakes isn’t extreme off road, but it’s plenty hairy. This was a different take on the JKX. Jeeps have had breakdowns but we’ve never ridden along with the rescued. Loved it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No power steering on 40’s and frying the brakes isn’t extreme off road, but it’s plenty hairy. This was a different take on the JKX. Jeeps have had breakdowns but we’ve never ridden along with the rescued. Loved it.

LOL - didn't think of it like that but I'm glad we could take you along for the rescue :)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That’s a good way of putting it. Should retitle the thread.

JKX “Like Never Seen Before”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Noble Woodsman

Excellent video, Eddie! As an amateur photographer, i am consistently impressed by the shots you and Cindy get in these videos. You guys have amazing cinematography skills! Love the footage inside the dark mine and how you include the non-wheeling moments for the complete experience.

Was wondering why you guys couldnt find the blown fuse in the field. Looks like Mel even used a continuity tester, so it should have been pretty easy to find unless you didnt test all the fuses or were overlooking something. Just seems like there might be a best practice learning here for future reference.

Great video!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom