VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 2 - NITTO JKX / Rockin the Rubicon

JAGS

Hooked
Had to watch this in a few chucks. Finished the last 15 min today. You guys captured the best of JKX and the Rubicon all in one vid. Bravo!!

Honestly makes me miss getting out on the trail with you guys. Need to change that sooner than later. Laying out the plans for the JL and hopefully there’s an invite with my name on it. It’s been way too long!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Another great addition to a great series of videos. It's hard to beat the beauty of the Rubicon and you do a great job of capturing it on film while also showing some cool wheeling and the personalities of the participants.:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Great adventure and great film!!! What a wonderful group of people! Wishing I was there too! Just can’t believe the trail of rock and how well everyone negotiated it! Man! Just epic!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another trip to the Rubicon via youtube! :thumb:

In it for 28:37

We need to get you out and doing it via your Jeep :yup:

Had to watch this in a few chucks. Finished the last 15 min today. You guys captured the best of JKX and the Rubicon all in one vid. Bravo!!

Honestly makes me miss getting out on the trail with you guys. Need to change that sooner than later. Laying out the plans for the JL and hopefully there’s an invite with my name on it. It’s been way too long!!

Awesome! Tony and Steph are ahead of you and getting work done on our JL now :yup:

Another great addition to a great serious of videos. It's hard to beat the beauty of the Rubicon and you do a great job of capturing it on film while also showing some cool wheeling and the personalities of the participants.:thumb::thumb:

Thanks! The Rubicon really is one of our favorite camping trips. It was nice to do it on the JKX this year and with a bunch of people who've never done it before :cool:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! Great adventure and great film!!! What a wonderful group of people! Wishing I was there too! Just can’t believe the trail of rock and how well everyone negotiated it! Man! Just epic!

LOL - thank you. So glad you enjoyed it :)

That would be great! I’ll have to plan well in advance with work and the family calendar, but I’ll definitely let you know. [emoji1303]

cool :cool:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Yeah that was awesome! What a spectacular area to wheel through. When I watched you all climbing those massive boulders and then thought about some of the stupid small crap I've gotten myself hung up on I had to just hang my head in shame. Moby is a beast[emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
This was probably the most I've ever anticipated a Wayalife video... and as suspected it didn't disappoint.

I was loading up to go on my first Rubicon trip ever when the instagram pictures of the JKX were being posted, I missed you guys by about 2 days i'm guessing.

I was really confused on the way in because I didn't really recognize any of the obstacles from your videos... Then on the way out I realized that my crew was running in the opposite direction from the videos. We came in from the east & didn't go any farther than spider lake, then drove out the way we came.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
You may have caught me at a moment of weakness, but this video has made me want to build an Unlimited on 40s and hit the Rubi more than any video I’ve ever seen!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Great video!

You guys were flying to get that many rigs to the Springs that fast, and have a breakdown, and get some good footage.

I can't wait for the next one, about 36 minutes of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that was awesome! What a spectacular area to wheel through. When I watched you all climbing those massive boulders and then thought about some of the stupid small crap I've gotten myself hung up on I had to just hang my head in shame. Moby is a beast[emoji106]

LOL - there's never any shame in getting hung up. You can only learn by doing and really, most of the rigs you see in the video have been built over the top. :yup:

This was probably the most I've ever anticipated a Wayalife video... and as suspected it didn't disappoint.

I was loading up to go on my first Rubicon trip ever when the instagram pictures of the JKX were being posted, I missed you guys by about 2 days i'm guessing.

I was really confused on the way in because I didn't really recognize any of the obstacles from your videos... Then on the way out I realized that my crew was running in the opposite direction from the videos. We came in from the east & didn't go any farther than spider lake, then drove out the way we came.

Bummer we missed you. In the future, you really should try running the trail as a thru route. I think you'll like it more.

You may have caught me at a moment of weakness, but this video has made me want to build an Unlimited on 40s and hit the Rubi more than any video I’ve ever seen!

LOL - The rigs you see are definitely things to be desired :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I sure hope to! It seems like the JKX moves at break neck speed. Seems like you’d need a vacation afterwards.

Honestly, this was one of the slowest pace JKX we've ever been on and only because Mel was driving someone else's JK which only had 37's and no front locker. But, we still seemed to move at a pretty good clip and yes, we really could use a vacation. Unfortunately, we still have a ton of work to do. :icon_crazy:

Great video!

You guys were flying to get that many rigs to the Springs that fast, and have a breakdown, and get some good footage.

I can't wait for the next one, about 36 minutes of it.

I was near impossible to get any footage and that's why so many of the same Jeeps are shown in the video. Wit the exception of the Little Sluice, we could only get people who were immediately around us.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You guys can skip the day after and it won’t hurt my feelings[emoji6]

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: And here I was thinking that you were trying extra hard to get as much screen time as possible.
For my purposes, I was kinda hoping we could skip the following day or two. :crazyeyes:

I cant be the only one that wanted to see how well bailing wire would have worked....

LOL - wouldn't have been pretty but it probably could have gotten us to camp. Certainly, it would have done better job than that lame ass SteerSmarts YETI.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome video! It really is a bucket list trail for most people and Deff on mine!

Guessing 37:52 for the next one.

Exodus 4x4

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: And here I was thinking that you were trying extra hard to get as much screen time as possible.
For my purposes, I was kinda hoping we could skip the following day or two. :crazyeyes:

I definitely did some extra on this trip! Which reminds me, I have some maintenance to get to...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mattfl

It is the grandaddy of all trails for a reason.

It really is funny how so many fanboys out there church up SteerSmarts as being so big and beefy and I suppose parts of them are but their tie-rod ends are puny and definitely the weak link. Of course, replacements cost about the same as a brand new drag link or tie-rod. :naw:

So it looks like Mel broke the actual ball joint on the drag link right?

Supposedly they use 30mm 1 1/2 ton ball joints.

Curious if anyone knows what size ball joints are in stronger drag links?

Top Bottom