VIDEO : FLEX TESTING the ACCUAIR Air Suspension System

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does it flex? That is the one question that I get asked all the time about the ACCUAIR air suspension system. That or versions of it like, can it flex? What kind of articulation does it have? Can it rock crawl? And, that's what Cindy and I hope to show you in this first video or the ACCUAIR Jeep JT Gladiator out on the rocks and with the purpose of letting you decide how it does. I should note that you'll also get to see a few other cool benefits of having this kit so pay attention and be sure to watch until the end.

BUY WAYALIFE T-Shirts & MERCH: https://wayalife.myspreadshop.com/

#jeep #airsuspension #rockcrawling #accuair #wayalife #jeepgladiator #jtgladiator #gladiatorjt #jeepjt #jtjeep #gladiatortruck #jeeptruck #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jeepjl #jljeep #articulation #offroad

Last edited:

kevman65

Hooked
So, had a few jokes to crack, but not going to.

It is impressive what the system will do AND you can change on the fly to better handle changing conditions.

I know you were busy driving, but when climbing the big boulder on drivers side front, you can hear the compressor kicking in and out.
Was this the system adjusting to the severe angle differences on the corners?

Then a little nit picky question, on a Rubicon would you advise to still physically disconnecting the front sway bar links, or just hit the button in the cab and call it good?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you were busy driving, but when climbing the big boulder on drivers side front, you can hear the compressor kicking in and out.
Was this the system adjusting to the severe angle differences on the corners?
I think it was kicking in because I had been playing with the suspension.
Then a little nit picky question, on a Rubicon would you advise to still physically disconnecting the front sway bar links, or just hit the button in the cab and call it good?
On a Rubicon, I would NOT physically disconnect as there is no need for it. The longer links provided for it will not limit your travel.

jeeeep

Hooked
plenty of flex for someone who doesn't get off road much.

Transfer case makes a difference but it was so close to getting over if it just had that extra bite.

last, I change my guess on the previous "what am I doing"... you're adjusting to connect the sway bar links.

Tixslam

Great video Eddie. The system seems more capable than I would have expected. I want to get a better system next year, but dang $6999 for a JL and not for the Etorqe engine will lead me in another direction.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
That’s cool being able to adjust ride height while driving. The system has more flex than I had imagined. Thanks for the informative video!

benatc1

Hooked
I have to say, it’s pretty impressive. Looks to flex kinda like a standard coil/shock combo by the looks of it. Nice you can just lift yourself higher too and I really like the sway bar link trick lol. Beautiful scenery too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Flexed more than I expected. Really cool bonus to hook the sway bar back up like that.
Not gonna lie, it did better than I imagined it would too.
That’s pretty cool.
Glad you liked what you saw :)
plenty of flex for someone who doesn't get off road much.

Transfer case makes a difference but it was so close to getting over if it just had that extra bite.

last, I change my guess on the previous "what am I doing"... you're adjusting to connect the sway bar links.
LOL - good guess 😁
Impressive.
Honestly, it was surprising even to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video Eddie. The system seems more capable than I would have expected. I want to get a better system next year, but dang $6999 for a JL and not for the Etorqe engine will lead me in another direction.
Glad you enjoyed the video and it really was more capable than I would have expected. It is pricy but depending on how you use your Jeep, I think it's worth it.
That’s cool being able to adjust ride height while driving. The system has more flex than I had imagined. Thanks for the informative video!
Glad to hear you thought the video was informative and yes, it has way more flex that I had imagined.
How does it do bombing across the desert through whoops and washboards?
For sure, the ACCUAIR system is NOT a coilover setup but then, it's not trying to be. That said, I think it performs surprisingly well and we have a video about this coming soon.
I have to say, it’s pretty impressive. Looks to flex kinda like a standard coil/shock combo by the looks of it. Nice you can just lift yourself higher too and I really like the sway bar link trick lol. Beautiful scenery too.
Yes, I would say that this kit performs at least as well as any good standard coil and shock setup. I would even go so far as to say that it rides better than most too.

Pretty awesome system. Even more amazed with the flexibility it offers for varying terrain after watching that video. Love how you just raised the rig to clear that ledge. So cool. I agree, probably good for a lot of Jeepers and the overland crowd.

First off, that intro was way cool. Had no idea that JT could get down like that 😳

Secondly, I am seriously impressed with that system. For the majority of people that is plenty of flex, and it's super cool you can raise and lower it on the fly, especially helpful in the JT with its long belly.

Lastly, misaligned sway bar links are the story of my life. I was hopping on my bumper to get them back in before I had a couple guys help me shake my Jeep violently to do the trick on the NYR. Individual adjustments of each air piston is super neat too.

Oh, and again with the drone shots! Killer production quality. Makes a quick trip out look like a cinematic adventure. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that settles that. Probably won't compete with Coilovers... but probably good enough for 90% of Jeepers. Great Video.
LOL - oh no, this air suspension system is no coilover setup but then, it's not trying to be. I do think that 90% of Jeepers would find it to work very well for them and as an added perk, it's super quite too. Glad you enjoyed the video :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty awesome system. Even more amazed with the flexibility it offers for varying terrain after watching that video. Love how you just raised the rig to clear that ledge. So cool. I agree, probably good for a lot of Jeepers and the overland crowd.
I have to say, the more I drive and wheel this Jeep, the more impressed I am with the ACCUAIR system. It really does have a lot of advantages for the average guy who just wants to get out and have some fun too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off, that intro was way cool. Had no idea that JT could get down like that 😳

Secondly, I am seriously impressed with that system. For the majority of people that is plenty of flex, and it's super cool you can raise and lower it on the fly, especially helpful in the JT with its long belly.

Lastly, misaligned sway bar links are the story of my life. I was hopping on my bumper to get them back in before I had a couple guys help me shake my Jeep violently to do the trick on the NYR. Individual adjustments of each air piston is super neat too.

Oh, and again with the drone shots! Killer production quality. Makes a quick trip out look like a cinematic adventure. Lol
LOL - happy to hear you liked our video and the drone shots. Super hard to wheel, film and fly all at the same time.

Also, it's an expensive way to get sway bar links back on but as I'm sure you know, I was just showing off one of many features that it has :)

JT@623

Hooked
Nice video that kit with the Rubi package would be good for most . I think there would be a market for this kit on more light duty trucks not just the gladiator

Top Bottom