VIDEO : EVO Trailing Arms for a Jeep Gladiator Lets You Bomb Across the Desert

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
So, you can definitely do this in a JK with DTD and if you have a V8 like Moby does, you can get on top of the whoops faster but... you'll feel every hit and right to the bone. It is what will keep you going slower. The suspension will keep your Jeep together but that's about it. On our Gladiator now, you can hit these whoops faster and a lot longer being that the suspension soaks up the big hits extremely well. As a driver or passenger, the ride is measurably more comfortable and that's what makes it dangerous.
yeah, that makes a ton of sense. I have to assume wheel travel has the most effect on that. Can you recall what the total travel is front and rear? I can do 50/60 on the whoops now, and it's freakin' terrifying (which is probably a good thing).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, that makes a ton of sense. I have to assume wheel travel has the most effect on that. Can you recall what the total travel is front and rear? I can do 50/60 on the whoops now, and it's freakin' terrifying (which is probably a good thing).
There are whoops and then there are WHOOPS!! The ones we were testing things out on were the WHOOPS kind. We ran Sandstorm over it at the same speed and while the Jeep stayed together, the ride for the passengers was brutal. Smaller whoops were fine.

Travel on our JT is 12" up front and 22" in the rear. Our front end will tap the air bumps where as the rear misses them completely.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
So, you can definitely do this in a JK with DTD and if you have a V8 like Moby does, you can get on top of the whoops faster but... you'll feel every hit and right to the bone. It is what will keep you going slower. The suspension will keep your Jeep together but that's about it. On our Gladiator now, you can hit these whoops faster and a lot longer being that the suspension soaks up the big hits extremely well. As a driver or passenger, the ride is measurably more comfortable and that's what makes it dangerous.
Kristen and I were saying the same thing watching the video. Trying to keep up would have been ugly, painful and a dangerous game of having to go ridiculously fast.

Top Bottom