VIDEO : EVO EJS RUN - Highlights of the EVO Gladiator out on Steel Bender

JTLen

40’s totally make the truck more trail worthy...

No mistake on that, I don't disagree. And it's amazing to watch. But at +-$1,000 per tire, whatever rims would cost and the associated axle and suspension costs necessary.....it's a bit out of most peoples price ranges.

BlacknRedJK

No mistake on that, I don't disagree. And it's amazing to watch. But at +-$1,000 per tire, whatever rims would cost and the associated axle and suspension costs necessary.....it's a bit out of most peoples price ranges.

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but nittos trail grapplers in the 40” flavor are closer to $400 per tire. Still expensive but not nearly what you’re claiming.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Pay closer attention to the video. The entire purpose of this build was to show what you could get by spending about the same price as what you would spend for a very minimally modified Rubicon. All in, about $60-65k for this truck is pretty amazing.

That is well within the price range of just about anyone who would have bought a Rubicon, a mild lift, and new tires/wheels. It’s very easy to put $10-$15k into a Rubicon with just the basics.

Bottom line, this truck is better equipped than a Rubicon for not really that much more money.

Brute

Hooked
Pay closer attention to the video. The entire purpose of this build was to show what you could get by spending about the same price as what you would spend for a very minimally modified Rubicon. All in, about $60-65k for this truck is pretty amazing.

That is well within the price range of just about anyone who would have bought a Rubicon, a mild lift, and new tires/wheels. It’s very easy to put $10-$15k into a Rubicon with just the basics.

Bottom line, this truck is better equipped than a Rubicon for not really that much more money.

Roger that...

But adding the Hellephant Hemi would be a couple quid more...

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but nittos trail grapplers in the 40” flavor are closer to $400 per tire. Still expensive but not nearly what you’re claiming.

Normally the 40” nittos are around $400.00. But if you go back to the previous video Mel talks about running the sticky compound competition Nittos. So yeah, close to $1000 per tire depending where you go.

BlacknRedJK

Normally the 40” nittos are around $400.00. But if you go back to the previous video Mel talks about running the sticky compound competition Nittos. So yeah, close to $1000 per tire depending where you go.

You can’t buy stickies.

This was what I was basing my comment off of. I’m sure stickies would be $1000/tire if you could get them, but to my knowledge you can’t. At least from Nitto that is.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the great video! Man that thing is awesome! Can’t wait to see what else he does with it!

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The EVO Gladiator was truly impressive. Seeing how well it performed and how awesome it looks really makes me want one.

Great video Eddie. I really like the yellow JKU in the video, however I think it needs some suspension enhancements. 😉

Discount Tire

Once again Eddie and Cindy pulled off another amazing, entertaining video. It was cool to see the EVO Gladiator in action on one of my favorite trails in Moab. Mel did a fantastic job showcasing the ability of the Gladiator.

That weather reminds me of Moab a couple of years ago when it was raining in town and the snow was only about 20 minutes away in the LaSalle mountains. It mad for a fun snow ride.

Thank you for taking us along.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is such a Bitchin Rig . The 40's look so perfect. :daydream: Can't wait to see more of it in action. Thanks for sharing.

40's really are a perfect size for the Gladiator. :yup:

It was great that the rain knocked down the dust...it did make traction less than ideal.

That was quite a few rigs for a vendor run...a lot of cameras...

And yes , it still was a good day...that Gladiator is sweet...

It was a tough run to try and capture anything especially being that other cameras had priority but we did our best. :)

Damn you guys can’t knock great videos out fast!

That gladiator preformed beautifully going up those ledges. That extra length does have its benefits. It was crazy seeing that built Ram running right behind you. It looked like it did alright.

Thanks for taking us along!

LOL!! Nothing working while driving and sleepless nights can't make possible. But, when you're eager to share what you've seen with the world, it makes it a lot easier to do. :)

As far as the RAM goes, yeah, it did pretty well but then, it was also built up :)

Looks like it was a great day! Can’t wait to get to Moab in June! So excited!

Always a good day to be out in a place like Moab :)

Looks awesome. I thought I'd be content with 35s but I may reconsider based on how badass the 40s look especially with that tire carrier.

LOL - honestly, 35's will be fine but I think you won't really be happy unless you're on at least 37's.

Watched it on the big screen. Bummer you guys couldn’t do the whole trail.

The EVO Gladiator is so baddess. Just looks so right on 40s.

eh, it's all good. Not like we haven't run the trail a ton of times in the past. We were just hoping to get more footage of the Gladiator and on obstacles like the drop. Still, we had a great time. :yup:

Another great video. I am so tempted to sell my JK and build a Gladiator but I'd run into the same issue with weight and needing a bigger motor. If only MOPAR would put the 6.4 Hemi into either the JL or the Gladiator. What a platform to build from!

You really need to test drive a JL with a 3.6L and an 8-speed transmission. I think you'll be surprised at how much more powerful it feels over an old JK. Sure, it's no HEMI but it's a LOT better than a JK 3.6L or 3.8L.

I’m with you on selling my JKU and getting one love my Jeep but to have the truck bed would come in really handy. Great video Eddie and Cindy

A lot to think about for sure now that this thing is out :)

Amazing video as always! Cant wait to see what you do when you get your JT. Did you get to place a order yet?

We did not place an order for one but we are hoping to buy one that has already been allocated to a dealership somewhere.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video!! Thanks for the ride along

Glad that we were able to take you along if only in video :)

Another excellent video with a whole bunch of badassery!!! I know you guys have been busy but you still managed to box up my swag per the Informed Delivery app. Thanks!

LOL - there's plenty of time to rest once we're dead :)

Very nice video and EVO rig Definitely the most eye catching

For me, I'd have to totally agree if only because everything about it is real - not just some fantasy, race rig or concept. :yup:

Great video! You guys got some good footage, I bet it was crazy with that many people out there. The Gladiator looks like it handled the obstacles pretty easily. So bad ass!

It's always tough when there's a lot of cameras out and tons of Jeeps. I'm glad to hear we were able to get enough footage to make a video and still have it be interesting enough to watch. :)

So cool to see this thing out proving all the haters wrong. Kind of glad we waited on a JL. After seeing how well this turned out a gladiator might just have to happen.

I think a lot of those haters are becoming converts :D

This ^^^^ :yup:

Thanks for the great video! Man that thing is awesome! Can’t wait to see what else he does with it!

Hoping that we'll be able to help cover it and in our own JT :)

The EVO Gladiator was truly impressive. Seeing how well it performed and how awesome it looks really makes me want one.

Great video Eddie. I really like the yellow JKU in the video, however I think it needs some suspension enhancements. 😉

LOL - funny you should say as much as I'm pretty sure he's on his way to EVO now. :)

Once again Eddie and Cindy pulled off another amazing, entertaining video. It was cool to see the EVO Gladiator in action on one of my favorite trails in Moab. Mel did a fantastic job showcasing the ability of the Gladiator.

That weather reminds me of Moab a couple of years ago when it was raining in town and the snow was only about 20 minutes away in the LaSalle mountains. It mad for a fun snow ride.

Thank you for taking us along.

Thank you, we're so glad that we were able to make something out of what little we were able to film :)

Top Bottom