VIDEO : Blight Leads to Beauty - A Great Day Trip with Pippi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the trails out in the Mojave Desert have been around for well over a century and were originally established to lead people to springs and service mines. However, many have since been created to build and maintain the miles and miles of towers and lines that bring power to your home. And, while powerline are a blight on the landscape, there is an upside to them and that is, the roads that follow them do provide access to some truly amazing destinations. Even better, most are easy trails that anyone can run, even in a stock Jeep JL Wrangler 2-Door Sport like Pippi. In this short video, you'll get to see one such destination that Cindy and I like to visit on a regular basis and mainly because it's super close to home.

And yes, you will get to see Ripley in this video. :cool:

#jeep #daytrip #lasvegas #desert #mojave #stockjeep #2doorjeep #wrangler #jeepwrangler #jlwrangler #wranglerjl #jljeep #jeepjl #pippiproject #wayalife

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok, that just pissed me off, I was literally sitting here wishing I had somewhere to go for a drive. I miss going out for drives like that. LOL

I'd say those power towers are a much better view than windmill farms.

Ripley is awesome! my dog would love to have access to water like that (y)
Yeah, we got the lame ass solar farms and windmill farms too. I absolutely HATE all the people who want "clean" energy so long as it's not produced in their back yard. I mean, nobody likes or wants to be out in the desert, right? :mad:
Looks like a fun trip! Thanks for sharing. 😀
Glad you enjoyed it :)

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Cool video! Water makes the desert even better.

The only thing more fun for a dog than chasing sticks is chasing sticks in the water! When Ripley rolled in the gravel it made me laugh, all of our dogs would do that too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely amazing destination on a hot day.
Crazy thing is, it's hotter down by the water than it is on top of the canyon.
Love the video and seeing Ripley at the end. Are you guys going to put a winch on for these solo trips?
Haven't seen a real need for it yet but then, anything harder than this and we would go with at least 2 Jeeps.

Reactions: DMF

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool video! Water makes the desert even better.

The only thing more fun for a dog than chasing sticks is chasing sticks in the water! When Ripley rolled in the gravel it made me laugh, all of our dogs would do that too.
Thanks and yes, water makes it that much better!

Don't know why dogs have to do that but it is funny to see 😁

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fun time out on the trail! Ripley sure was having fun especially cooling off in the river. Thanks for sharing! 👍
It was a great day and super nice that it's so close. Of course, Ripley always has fun out there. :cool:
Wow! What an awesome way to spend the day... Looked like a lot of fun...(y)
Thanks! Best part is, it wasn't even the whole day. We still got back home with plenty of time to have dinner at a nice restaurant 😁
Beautiful area. Goes to prove you can still get away and explore in just a mostly stock Jeep.
I think that's really the point. That you don't need to spends thousands of dollars building up your Jeep, just to have a great time out on the trail and explore.

biosyn

Caught the Bug
Awesome video. Any plans to smooth Pippi's ride or would that be deviating too far from the intent to keep her as close to factory as possible?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video. Any plans to smooth Pippi's ride or would that be deviating too far from the intent to keep her as close to factory as possible?
Nothing short of coilovers and triple bypass shocks would have smooth that section of trail out. Doing that would be way too far for Pippi.

benatc1

Hooked
Just catching up, looks like a great day on the trail, Pippi is looking great too. Makes me miss the 2 door days lol.

Top Bottom