VIDEO : Blackout LED Tail Lights for a Jeep JL Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. But I've always wondered what blacked out tail lights would mean in an accident in terms of liability. I've been behind cars that it's hard, if not impossible, to see the brake lights. I've never researched it, but I know the arguments that I would make. Maybe @Sharkey has done the research?
Yup, a legit concern. These do see to be pretty bright but nowhere near as bright as our factory LED's.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure if those lights would pass the state safety inspection in Virginia. 🙄

Ripley is so cute! Our last dog acted the same way after a bath, in fact he would go roll in the yard after a bath, pretty much negating the whole bath. He liked being dirty. 🤣😂

We too had a dog bed located in every room of the house. 😉
LOL - damn, you have an eye for details my friend :ROFLMAO:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lights look good but the black out is to dark for my taste. I personally would like a smoked or just a normal factory LED for the back of Ruth. The stock sport lights just don’t look good IMO.
Like I've said before, I've never really been a fan of it either. Just testing these out and thought they were okay. Thanks for your feedback on these.

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for Sharing, I think they look great with the color scheme you have been developing on Jet. Always good to see Ripley enjoying life

DMF

They look really good. I have never been a fan of those DIY blackout tail lights because they hinder the brightness of the lights. But these look great and really bright.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've always been on the fence on these blackout lights.
they look good on all black or all white vehicles and just seem out of place on every other color.
personally, because they are so easy to swap out, I'd like to see some off-road body forming style so they don't stick out so much when on the trail.
road legal but something more off-road duty.

Top Bottom