VIDEO : Blackout LED Tail Lights for a Jeep JL Wrangler

kevman65

Hooked
The blacked out look looks good on the white paint of JET. Probably would get lost on any of the dark colors.

Ripley and her post bath total body rub is DA BOMB!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I couldn't tell, but are they reflective? Most states require red reflectors to the rear of a vehicle. Also, a programmer or Tazer may be able to fix the blinker issue.
Nice video, but Ripley is for sure the star of the show.
Nah, they're not reflective or at least, not that I could tell and yeah, I would imagine they'd be a problem in most states. Here in Nevada, there's little if anything that would get you in trouble. Well, except maybe someone rear ending you while parked on a dark street LOL.

I plan on giving the Tazer a try when I have a chance but I'm still thinking it's the resistors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Never been a fan of smoked or blacked out taillights. Actually whenever I see them on the road it kinda pisses me off. Especially the crappy ones that don’t have OEM style reflectors or the guys like my brother that spray paints them making them pretty useless.
These do look clean and goes well with Jet. Just never been my thing.
Truth be told, never been a fan either. As far as reflectors go, do the LED lights on a JL even have them? I know the incandescent ones do like on Pippi but I always thought that the LED ones did not. The reflectors were on the bumper. Anyway, I appreciate you chiming in on this. Fortunately, we didn't have to buy these and I did want honest feedback on them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The blacked out look looks good on the white paint of JET. Probably would get lost on any of the dark colors.

Ripley and her post bath total body rub is DA BOMB!
Glad you enjoyed seeing Ripley going nuts and yes, I bet it wouldn't look right with a dark colored Jeep.

Truth be told, never been a fan either. As far as reflectors go, do the LED lights on a JL even have them? I know the incandescent ones do like on Pippi but I always thought that the LED ones did not. The reflectors were on the bumper. Anyway, I appreciate you chiming in on this. Fortunately, we didn't have to buy these and I did want honest feedback on them.
Hmmm.
Now that you say that. I do not know if the LED’s have them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm.
Now that you say that. I do not know if the LED’s have them.
LOL - I just ran out to the garage to look and I don't think they do. At least, not that I could tell anyway. They're shiny for sure but not really reflective the way the incandescent ones are along the edges. I also looked at the factory rear bumpers and on Pippi, there are no reflectors but JET's old bumper and our Gladiator both have reflectors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of JET when we brought him home. The reflectors are in the bumper.

20180202202033-b9168933.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pippi has not reflectors on the bumper but definitely has them along the edges of the lights.

20210531142642-efbffb6d-me.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked
I like them. I think it cleans up the look a little. I don’t mind the red look either but they look good. Ripley seems to like them…

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looks good. But I've always wondered what blacked out tail lights would mean in an accident in terms of liability. I've been behind cars that it's hard, if not impossible, to see the brake lights. I've never researched it, but I know the arguments that I would make. Maybe @Sharkey has done the research?

pop2tu

They look real clean on Jet, not sure how they would look on a darker color.
Ripley is so cute

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I am not sure if those lights would pass the state safety inspection in Virginia. 🙄

Ripley is so cute! Our last dog acted the same way after a bath, in fact he would go roll in the yard after a bath, pretty much negating the whole bath. He liked being dirty. 🤣😂

We too had a dog bed located in every room of the house. 😉

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lights look good but the black out is to dark for my taste. I personally would like a smoked or just a normal factory LED for the back of Ruth. The stock sport lights just don’t look good IMO.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
pretty dark...have to see those at night . . Like Cozdude, the brighter the merrier in the back for security's sake.

Top Bottom