VIDEO : Blackout LED Tail Lights for a Jeep JL Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy and I get contacted all the time by companies wanting to send us products for the purposes of testing and review. One such company is Vic Offroad and among other things, they now offer a set of replacement, blackout LED tail lights and made specifically for a Jeep JL Wrangler. And, unlike other blacked out tail lights that we've have seen, these look just like factory or at least, in terms of its shape and light pattern design. Needless to say, getting these lights was somewhat of a surprise but one that we were happy to get, if only because we had a broken tail light on JET that we've been meaning to replace. In this video, you'll get so see just how easy they are to install. With that said, we'd love to know what you think about them.

Vic Offroad Fiery Red LED Tail Lights: https://amzn.to/3CyPeXI

RECOMMENDED TOOLS *
Trim Pry Tool Kit: https://amzn.to/2YMHBPA

Please note that the Amazon links posted are associate links and WAYALIFE does earn a small kickback for purchases made through them.

Last edited:

CalSgt

Hooked
Pretty rad... I've been dreading getting a quote to replace my busted tail lamp with the sensors

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Although I would have to say that black out taillights are not something I like personally... They do look good on Jet and match the new wheels. :cool: Ripley as always is a hoot!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty rad... I've been dreading getting a quote to replace my busted tail lamp with the sensors
I don't have sensors but I've already had one tail light replaced and I think it was just shy of $600. I can only imagine how much more the sensor ones cost. I should note that I bet you could take a standard tail light like this and install your sensors in it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! That worked out for you!
I won't lie, these guys contacted me about lights a few months back. Didn't hear back for a while and then this package showed up. Cindy and I thought it would be funny to film and see what was inside. Now, I'm kinda glad that we got them. 😁

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Although I would have to say that black out taillights are not something I like personally... They do look good on Jet and match the new wheels. :cool: Ripley as always is a hoot!
So, I'm not really a blacked out kind of guy either but yeah, these really do look okay on JET. Glad Ripley could put a smile on your face :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They do look clean black.
Thanks. I hope they hold out. Seeing that they came from China didn't instill a whole lot of confidence in me but then, when it comes to stuff like this, pretty much everything is made there.

Robar

The Enforcer
I couldn't tell, but are they reflective? Most states require red reflectors to the rear of a vehicle. Also, a programmer or Tazer may be able to fix the blinker issue.
Nice video, but Ripley is for sure the star of the show.

Never been a fan of smoked or blacked out taillights. Actually whenever I see them on the road it kinda pisses me off. Especially the crappy ones that don’t have OEM style reflectors or the guys like my brother that spray paints them making them pretty useless.
These do look clean and goes well with Jet. Just never been my thing.

Top Bottom