VIDEO : 2012 SEMA Show Spotlight -- Dynatrac ProRock 80 for the Jeep JK Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With Jeep JK Wranglers getting bigger and heavier and boosted up with more powerful engines like a HEMI and equipped with greater gear reduction to move it all, the need for a rear axle that can handle it all has finally come of age. Fortunately for us, there is one company who understood this growing need and at the 2012 SEMA show, came to release their answer to it – the Dynatrac ProRock 80. In this short SEMA Spotlight video, you’ll get to hear Jim McGean tell you all about it. I hope you enjoy.

GCM 2

I told Jim McGean I was holding out for the century mark......ProRock 100 ;) that PR 80 is incredible, especially when you stand next to it!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Damn that is nice!! I wonder if it would be better to go with an 80 instead of a 60? I would think you run it even harder? Is there really any cons to running this? Haha :thinking:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow that on one big bad axle. Btw Eddie great job on the video, killer editing! I really like the new Wayalife branding and slogan on your vids!

GCM 2

Damn that is nice!! I wonder if it would be better to go with an 80 instead of a 60? I would think you run it even harder? Is there really any cons to running this? Haha :thinking:

Well, it still doesn't have the clearance of a PR60.....remember Jim said it was only the difference of about a pencil in thickness between the PR80 and a "traditional" Dana 60. PR60's have better clearance than a Dana 44. If you actually get to be in close proximity to this PR80, its big, Diesel tow truck big! Don't get me wrong I would love a new PR80, because then maybe I could get some of that axle clearance back by running a really large, high horsepower big block V8. No questions, it works. You add the words large, high, horsepower and V8 to anything and you get clearance, it's rocket surgery and scientific and stuff. But the numbers and words add up.

I think the most important part for me NOT to get a PR80 is, the PR60 already inspires waaaayyy more confidence in my wheeling than I probably need. At least for me, having a PR80 is like believing you are now Evel Kneivel and following through with some crazy "I am going to make headline news" event (younger guys, google him, he is the original "Jackass" cast member) :rock:

Top Bottom