VIDEO : 2012 SEMA Show Spotlight -- Bestop New Black Twill Soft Top Fabric & More!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO : 2012 SEMA Show Spotlight -- Bestop New Black Twill Soft Top Fabric & More!!

Bestop came to the 2012 SEMA Show with a host of new products including an awesome new thicker, quieter and more durable black twill fabric for their Supertop NX soft top. In this short Spotlight video, you’ll get to see Megan Thompson highlight it, some of their great new storage solutions, a new pet barrier and more.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Man I somehow ended up with the SuperTop instead of the SuperTop NX and I hate it! There are large gaps in the rear where the rail attaches because there are no small flaps to cover that part. It's a bitch to get up and down and when folded all the way down the top is not compact enough to keep from catching the wind. There are no quick release mechanism and the front hold downs are knobs instead of the quick release levers like on a stock soft top. The frame for it sucks too and there were a billion parts none of which were quick release. The back edges on either side of the window don't even fit tightly. I've tried everything to adjust it but no luck. It is NOT the Best Top!

One of the worst things is when it rains and you have to get something out of the back seat, the water just pours into the back floorboard since there is no rail or gutter type device. I mean it keeps the majority of the rain out but for $1000 you would think it would be better!

I consider myself very mechanically inclined but this was a bear to assemble. Nothing was marked. I honestly feel sorry for those with less ability who purchase that top and try to do it themselves.

And to boot I just don't want to spend a grand on another top. I think I'll just go with the hard top and leave it be.

:crazyeyes:

On a positive note it looks like the Supertop NX is much more like the factory top and hopefully solves the problems with the SuperTop.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the NX version is really nice. we have the trektop NX and everything from the door surrounds to the cable top operation is just like factory. this new twill fabric is awesome and with thicker windows should be really quite. :thumb:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
the NX version is really nice. we have the trektop NX and everything from the door surrounds to the cable top operation is just like factory. this new twill fabric is awesome and with thicker windows should be really quite. :thumb:

Yeah I wish I hadn't screwed that up :doh: It will be a while before I spend that much on another top. I want a lift and some 35s first!

The overall quality of the fabric is pretty good and I'm sure it will last a while. It's just not that great when it starts raining like hell, which it does quite often in the spring here in TX.

Thanks Eddie! :beer:

Top Bottom