Updated JT retro build

mtudb24

Been gone a while but thought I'd show what I've done with the Bumble build as of late. Still looking for a good "retro" front bumper and winch to mount, but its coming alone. Starting to wish I had gone with 37's, but maybe when these wear out, I'll swap. Have 31K trouble free miles so far on the truck (knock on wood).
New adds as of late
Rancho front and rear diff glide plates
KC lights on sport bar
Quadratec pre-runner grill lights
cowl guards
Bartech grab handles
Diver Down Neoprene seat covers
Hitch skid plate
Retro 4wd sticker on tailgate

Attachments

• cowl guard.jpg
    cowl guard.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Driver Front.jpg
    Driver Front.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Front Driver 2.jpg
    Front Driver 2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Passenger Front.jpg
    Passenger Front.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Front Glide plate 2.jpg
    Front Glide plate 2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Rear glide plate 1.jpg
    Rear glide plate 1.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 17
  • BA side pic.jpg
    BA side pic.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2617.jpg
    IMG_2617.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 19
  • rear retro decals.jpg
    rear retro decals.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 19
  • front grab handles.jpg
    front grab handles.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 25

WJCO

Meme King
Been gone a while but thought I'd show what I've done with the Bumble build as of late. Still looking for a good "retro" front bumper and winch to mount, but its coming alone. Starting to wish I had gone with 37's, but maybe when these wear out, I'll swap. Have 31K trouble free miles so far on the truck (knock on wood).
New adds as of late
Rancho front and rear diff glide plates
KC lights on sport bar
Quadratec pre-runner grill lights
cowl guards
Bartech grab handles
Diver Down Neoprene seat covers
Hitch skid plate
Retro 4wd sticker on tailgate
Looking good. What kind of retro are you wanting to go with for the front bumper?

mtudb24

Looking good. What kind of retro are you wanting to go with for the front bumper?
Thanks. Ideally something with the winch mount on top of the bumper. Would be awesome to go with a simple C-channel and winch mount on top like these. I don't really care about keeping fogs. I was even looking to keep the stock bumper and put the rock hard plate on the factory bumper, but its just not exactly what I want.

Attachments

• WInch mount 2.jpg
    WInch mount 2.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 2
  • WInch mount.jpg
    WInch mount.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 2

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks. Ideally something with the winch mount on top of the bumper. Would be awesome to go with a simple C-channel and winch mount on top like these. I don't really care about keeping fogs. I was even looking to keep the stock bumper and put the rock hard plate on the factory bumper, but its just not exactly what I want.
Have you looked into the warn winch plate? It's not on top but it's not that recessed. The winch is still visible. It's sure simple.

mtudb24

Have you looked into the warn winch plate? It's not on top but it's not that recessed. The winch is still visible. It's sure simple.
The only one I saw from Warn requires the factory steel 3 piece rubicon style bumper which I don't have but it might be a viable option if I can't find anything else. Thanks!

JimLee

Hooked
That's absolutely fantastic. Well Done!!! Would like to know more about what you did if you have time
Thats the Eddie special, Ive done it on my JLU. A little advice if you are going to go this route. When you've got everything off clean all the slag off exposed frame rails (you'll see what I mean), prep and hit with a quality non glossy paint, like "Steel It black" or similar. The frame paint is garbage and after 3 years in the desert my frame rails up front are blasted down to the bare metal and surface rusting. Now I have to tear all that heavy stuff off to touch up my frame paint.
20210822_130111.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom