Unknown connector on engine compartment (3.6l)

Guascone

Hi guys, I found an electrical connector on the engine compartment.
I don’t know if it is a customized connection or a factory one…
Do you know what it is supposed to do?

Attachments

• B4E2C41E-EFD6-4B61-8DF5-D9AAF8B56B6F.jpeg
    B4E2C41E-EFD6-4B61-8DF5-D9AAF8B56B6F.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 34

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If I’m right you should be able to follow the cord down toward the engine block to either a blanket or a plug where it connects to the block in a coolant passage. The heater is needed for extreme cold temps to help warm the coolant and oil to make starting the Jeep easier. You mainly see block heaters on diesels

Guascone

Ok, so if I will be in extreme cold condition I have the possibility to plug in that connector into a power source for heating up the coolant/oil…I have understood correctly?
Anyway I will follow it to see where it is starting…
Thanks!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok, so if I will be in extreme cold condition I have the possibility to plug in that connector into a power source for heating up the coolant/oil…I have understood correctly?
Anyway I will follow it to see where it is starting…
Thanks!
If I am correct that it is a block heater then yes. Usually leave it plugged in for a couple of hours prior. And when I say extreme cold I mean less than 10* F

kevman65

Hooked
I don't think you want to plug that in. That is a 110 volt plug, aren't you on 230 volt over there?

Guascone

No, I don't think I will ever plug in...I'm from Italy and even on mountain I will never need to heat up my engine block. I was just curious on his purpose

Top Bottom