TSB 08-074-20....steering

ScoobyCarolanNC

Got mine 2 weeks ago & it’s night & day different. Whooped it on the trails at Uwharrie too. Still right. Call Jeep Wave and get it done.

DaveL

Huge huge difference. I had the box replaced last year & it wore out quickly. This time it feels different. Definitely tighter than last time. I called Jeep Wave & they handled everything.

Yup. It's night and day. It's the way it should have been.

There's lots of reasons to upgrade and improve a jeep. However, this should never have happened with the JL and JT. Mine is fixed. It's time to think of upgrades.

Lojo

Mine gets dropped off tomorrow morning. It was a fight with the dealer then they finally called Jeep’s engineers and they said do it.
Can’t wait to see the difference!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DaveL

I told the dealer a year+ ago that the steering box needed to be adjusted. A year later I said the same thing again. Then the TSB came out!

Keep the shiny side up!

DaveL

Hope any JL or Gladiator owner with steering problems reads this and gets it done.

Meantime, it should be a recall so owners are informed.

WJCO

Meme King
Pick up the JT Wednesday. Much noticed difference. No wondering no play. Get FCA involved if you have issues with dealers.

Did they give you any shit with a lift or bigger tires on it? We don't have issues on either right now but just curious.

Lojo

They didn’t. I have a feeling they where thinking about it because I took it in twice before they actually called Jeep engineer who told them to get it done and then do all the others that come in.
I would definitely recommend getting FCA involved as I feel they helped push to get done.

jeeeep

Hooked
They didn’t. I have a feeling they where thinking about it because I took it in twice before they actually called Jeep engineer who told them to get it done and then do all the others that come in.
I would definitely recommend getting FCA involved as I feel they helped push to get done.

I was told 2 weeks by the dealer that was 2.5 months ago and still waiting.

Called Jeep cares and all they did was call the dealership then told me they were still waiting for a steering box and the dealership would contact me.

It was a total waste of an hour, no effort was made to expedite anything.

the rep told me nothing they could do besides call the dealer :doh:

Last edited:

Lojo

I was told 2 weeks by the dealer that was 2.5 months ago and still waiting.

Called Jeep cares and all they did was call the dealership then told me they were still waiting for a steering box and the dealership would contact me.

It was a total waste of an hour, no effort was made to expedite anything.

the rep told me nothing they could do besides call the dealer :doh:

I got really lucky. What I thought was going to be a long wait took 3 days for the part to come in. Be the squeaky wheel!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just got Ruth back from the dealer. New steering gear is in. Makes a pretty big difference in how it feels on the highway. Normal around town speeds it feels close to the same but better than before.
IMG_0908.jpg

For those that have had it done, did the dealer align it (recently the wheel) under warranty or did they make you pay for it? Mine tried to get me to pay for it and said it wasn’t covered under the TSB. I will just bring Ruth to work tomorrow and align her myself since I have that luxury but curious to others experience.

DaveL

@JeepCares and FCA Canada

If you have issues with your dealer, contact @JeepCares in the US. Some dealers don't read the TSB...

In Canada FCA Jeep Canada Customer Cares number is 1-800-465-2001 In Canada first step is to make an appointment to have the Jeep inspected/driven. Be careful. The dealer took mine out in the parking lot and brand new city streets at low speed. Called @JeepCares and they referred me to FCA Jeep Canada.

This TSB makes a great difference in steering.

Lojo

Just got Ruth back from the dealer. New steering gear is in. Makes a pretty big difference in how it feels on the highway. Normal around town speeds it feels close to the same but better than before.
View attachment 356508

For those that have had it done, did the dealer align it (recently the wheel) under warranty or did they make you pay for it? Mine tried to get me to pay for it and said it wasn’t covered under the TSB. I will just bring Ruth to work tomorrow and align her myself since I have that luxury but curious to others experience.

I don’t think they did with mine. Alignment was the same as far as I could tell but it drives way better.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don’t think they did with mine. Alignment was the same as far as I could tell but it drives way better.

My steering wheel center was at the 3o’clock position when I got it back. Stability light was on and cel. I ended up throwing a fit at taking it back for them to fix it

WJCO

Meme King
My steering wheel center was at the 3o’clock position when I got it back. Stability light was on and cel. I ended up throwing a fit at taking it back for them to fix it

I would have to. Warranty is warranty. You can't do part of the repair that changes something else, and then tell the customer to deal with that part on their own.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would have to. Warranty is warranty. You can't do part of the repair that changes something else, and then tell the customer to deal with that part on their own.

Exactly. There is no way that the TSB doesn’t say “refer to doc xxxxxxx for alignment times”. Every GM steering or suspension component I do at work has that at the end of the repair sheet.

Top Bottom