Trying to replace control arms

NME

The driver side axle end of the control has a rusty siezed up bolt. I can't get my impact on there because of the damn caliper and I've tried like hell to break it free. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts? Should I remove the wheel?

Sent from my SM-N986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
The driver side axle end of the control has a rusty siezed up bolt. I can't get my impact on there because of the damn caliper and I've tried like hell to break it free. Not sure what else to do. Any thoughts? Should I remove the wheel?

Sent from my SM-N986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

PB blaster. And yes if you have to.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Those don't look that bad. Use some penetrant oil (PB, aerokroil, liquid wrench) and get a real breaker bar for leverage. Even with a cheaper pipe over it.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
PB blaster. And yes if you have to.
This, I've had great luck with PB on rusty stuck bolts and those don't look half as bad as the worst I've broken through.

If that doesn't work there could be loctite on it for who knows what reason. You could try a liberal use of heat before trying to break it loose.

If that doesn't work I'd pull the wheel so you could get more leverage and maybe that'll help. And my favorite meme:

liquid.jpg

Good luck Op!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This, I've had great luck with PB on rusty stuck bolts and those don't look half as bad as the worst I've broken through.

If that doesn't work there could be loctite on it for who knows what reason. You could try a liberal use of heat before trying to break it loose.

If that doesn't work I'd pull the wheel so you could get more leverage and maybe that'll help. And my favorite meme:

View attachment 361438

Good luck Op!
LOL - that's awesome

MericaMade

Have you tried one of the wobbly or U joint impact sockets? It gives me just enough clearence to get the big impact in there.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Have you tried one of the wobbly or U joint impact sockets? It gives me just enough clearence to get the big impact in there.

This ^^

PB blaster an impact wrench and impact u-joint socket makes it easy to break those free

just don't get your hand holding the wrench on the opposite side in the wrong spot

NME

View attachment 361438

Good luck Op!
This is amazing. Lol! I popped the wheel off and used a breaker bar with some leg power.

Top Bottom