Trying to install the Auxbeam switch pod in my ‘22 diesel gladiator

Foolish Mortal

Hello everyone! Hopefully someone can help me. I’m new to all this. I am trying to install the Auxbeam 6 switch pod. I can’t seem to figure out where the add a fuse goes. I have a 2022 diesel gladiator. The add a fuse that came with it is bigger than the fuses I see in the fuse block. Do I need to get a different size add a fuse? Is there a different location/ spot to connect?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 7

Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal

Just out of curiosity, where and how are you mounting your fuse box? Thanks!
On top of the existing fuse box. I am making a mount that will Velcro to the top of the existing fuse box. I can add a picture when it’s finished. Got the idea from a YouTuber that did it with the Auxbeam 8 in his 4Runner.
That was the only location I could find that it would fit. The diesel engine bay is really tight. I am open to other suggestions.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On top of the existing fuse box. I am making a mount that will Velcro to the top of the existing fuse box. I can add a picture when it’s finished. Got the idea from a YouTuber that did it with the Auxbeam 8 in his 4Runner.
That was the only location I could find that it would fit. The diesel engine bay is really tight. I am open to other suggestions.
Appreciate the heads up. I bought a kit to see if I could come up with anything. Space is tight even on a 3.6L and I just wasn't sure what others were doing. I'll have to give it a harder look.

Foolish Mortal

Appreciate the heads up. I bought a kit to see if I could come up with anything. Space is tight even on a 3.6L and I just wasn't sure what others were doing. I'll have to give it a harder look.
I believe it was Timmy the Toolman on YouTube that I’m going to use for my inspiration on it. I still need to get some parts and put it together.

jeeeep

Hooked
is there space between the fender and battery that a couple of angle brackets would work as a mount?

Major Ursus

I switched to the 8 gang Auxbeam. It has a lower profile. I realize that may not work for everyone, but something to consider

I also modified the bracket to make it fit in this space right over the fuse box. Worked out great in the 3.6L engine.

IMG_8369.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8370.jpg
    IMG_8370.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 11

Foolish Mortal

This is the idea I have that I’m working on.
I switched to the 8 gang Auxbeam. It has a lower profile. I realize that may not work for everyone, but something to consider

I also modified the bracket to make it fit in this space right over the fuse box. Worked out great in the 3.6L engine.

View attachment 384241
I wanted the 8 but was able to get a good deal on the 6 and it has more than enough switches for me right now. But I couldn’t pass up the deal. The size of the 8 fuse block is much easier to work with I believe.

Attachments

• 75CFEC46-9D30-42E2-B816-BF1ED6452879.jpeg
    75CFEC46-9D30-42E2-B816-BF1ED6452879.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 11

Major Ursus

I wanted the 8 but was able to get a good deal on the 6 and it has more than enough switches for me right now. But I couldn’t pass up the deal. The size of the 8 fuse block is much easier to work with I believe.

Yeah, I originally had the 6 and had it installed, but I could not get the hood to close comfortably. Then I saw the 8 on sale on Amazon for about $20-$30 more than I paid for the 6 and I jumped on it! My wallet wasn't happy with me. :LOL: We're going to install the 6 gang on my son's Wrangler, if he every gets a weekend off.🤷‍♂️

kevman65

Hooked

Is there room on the firewall, next to battery, behind engine cover for that to slide down into?

Top Bottom