Trail Wildlife!

Brute

Hooked
Not on the trail...around the corner from our house...probably coming down to the lake for a drink...

Attachments

• F76C7842-F1D6-4048-BEE3-87D47E5C6882.jpg
    F76C7842-F1D6-4048-BEE3-87D47E5C6882.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 100

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Not on the trail...around the corner from our house...probably coming down to the lake for a drink...

Those little guys look like they’re up to no good. I went a couple rounds with those little bastards in Port Angeles before I finally kept them outta the garbage. That’s a pretty cool pic though. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just saw this thread. Here is a rattler we saw a couple weeks ago while out on the trail. He was pretty upset that we invaded his space View attachment 331680 View attachment 331681 View attachment 331682

Alright as someone from a place with pretty much no snakes and definitely no venomous ones. What do you do when you encounter these things? Obviously I’m not gonna run up to it and try to pet it. But are they easy to outrun? Like I get that it’s their home and I’m the intruder and want to leave it alone and be nowhere near it but if you don’t spot it soon enough or it’s coming towards you etc.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You have one...the eastern massasauga rattlesnake. [emoji6]

To answer your question though, most rattlesnakes will pretty much leave you alone as long as you don’t step on them or mess with them. If they can they will just go the other direction once they don’t feel threatened.

J Ro

Yeah. Usually it’s not an issue and they just kinda move on. This guy curled up and raised his head in a strike position as soon as we came up on him. We just drove the Jeep by as he stayed coiled and rattled.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
Not sure what type, Not a Rattle Snake. Taking in the sun. Up above Lake Hemet CA View attachment 331181 View attachment 331182
As mentioned it's a gopher snake. We had a good sized one at work but our dumbass seasonals killed it. They said they thought it was a rattle snake coiled up in the spare tire are of one of their trucks. Could have come and got me or someone else who knows snakes. Sorry I'm pissed about it still.

Actually found a baby king snake last week in our training room. It was about the size of a pencil. Wish I'd have snapped a pic.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
As mentioned it's a gopher snake. We had a good sized one at work but our dumbass seasonals killed it. They said they thought it was a rattle snake coiled up in the spare tire are of one of their trucks. Could have come and got me or someone else who knows snakes. Sorry I'm pissed about it still.

Actually found a baby king snake last week in our training room. It was about the size of a pencil. Wish I'd have snapped a pic.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea no rattle is a dead giveaway.:doh: Hope this makes you feel better. Lol. I snapped a few pictures and then drove around him.. Along time ago when I was in the Army we were in Panama on a trail in the jungle found a little snake about the size of a pencil. Friend decided to pick it up and play with it. Well when he went to drop it ,it swung around and landed a fang in his finger. It turned out to be a Fer-de-lance. He will never do that again,:naw: Almost killed him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom