TIRED of Seeing ADS Everywhere?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, if you're sick and tired of seeing ads all over the forum, here's how you get rid of them or at least, a vast majority of them. POST! Legitimately though. Become a part of the community, help out where you can and share photos highlighting you and your Jeep. This will make you an active member and as an active member, most of the ads you see will disappear!

Now, I should note that post padding, simple posts like "cool dude" or "nice pic" will not be counted as a valued post and they will not help to rid you of the ads that you see. The more informative your post or the more people respond to it, the greater the value it will have. In other words, it's not the amount of posts you have that makes you active, it's the quality of your posts.

Hope that helps you out! :cool:

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
So, if you're sick and tired of seeing ads all over the forum, here's how you get rid of them or at least, a vast majority of them. POST! Legitimately though. Become a part of the community, help out where you can and share photos highlighting you and your Jeep. This will make you an active member and as an active member, most of the ads you see will disappear!

Now, I should note that post padding, simple posts like "cool dude" or "nice pic" will not be counted as a valued post and they will not help to rid you of the ads that you see. The more informative your post or the more people respond to it, the greater the value it will have. In other words, it's not the amount of posts you have that makes you active, it's the quality of your posts.

Hope that helps you out! :cool:
Nice

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! Sorry it took us a while to figure out how to do it. The ads definitely help pay bills but we didn't want all our regulars have to suffer though them. We figure, it'll also serve as an incentive for people to become a part of the community :)

BaddestCross

Is this something you just activated? TBH, I downloaded an ad blocker because the mobile site was super obnoxious. I want to support you, so I'd be happy to see ads as long as they don't block half the screen.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome!! Thanks for this! Although I don’t mind ads because like others said “the bills” lol the ad banner up top got in the way A LOT! Glad to see it gone. 👍👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool Dude!

Lol, ads pay the bills!
They pay the bills but what we were seeing was just nuts. We're trying to see if there's a way to make a happy medium but for now, we're just making it so that active members don't have to see them or at least, not so much.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this something you just activated? TBH, I downloaded an ad blocker because the mobile site was super obnoxious. I want to support you, so I'd be happy to see ads as long as they don't block half the screen.
Yes, we were finally able to make this possible this morning. If you turn off your ad blocker, you shouldn't see them or at least, a vast majority of them without it on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!! Thanks for this! Although I don’t mind ads because like others said “the bills” lol the ad banner up top got in the way A LOT! Glad to see it gone. 👍👍
We really appreciate it. If we can make it work so that a few more and less obtrusive ads can be displayed, we will be making that happen as without them, we make nothing at all and it isn't cheap to keep this place running.

MericaMade

Thats awesome and a great idea. I was thinking you were going to add a paid version or something I would have done as well. I'm liking the new feel of the site.

Top Bottom