Tire choice

I've heard a lot of people praising the new Mickey Thompson Baja Claw ATZ (Im positive on this one) or PTZ (I think)? They have ZERO road noise, and are still aggressive. I had the old-school M/T Baja Claws on my truck and they lasted forever, even quieter than my stock BFG mud terrains (crazy loud).

coop9779

Currently running 35" trail grapplers and they are ok. Haven't had to balance them and they run smooth and quiet. Wet weather traction is not great and they don't clean out in sticky mud. (Red clay/gumbo) they do great on the rocks.

I'm switching to the mickey Thompson MTZ P3 in a couple of weeks. I had the old MTZ's on my Xterra and I loved them. I'll let you know how I like the new ones.

Jake Wilson

Currently running 35" trail grapplers and they are ok. Haven't had to balance them and they run smooth and quiet. Wet weather traction is not great and they don't clean out in sticky mud. (Red clay/gumbo) they do great on the rocks.

I'm switching to the mickey Thompson MTZ P3 in a couple of weeks. I had the old MTZ's on my Xterra and I loved them. I'll let you know how I like the new ones.

Yes please do!

Eugene the Jeep

I'm running 37x12.50x17 cooper st/maxx. Great tire, ride great and really quiet. Eddie's running the Cooper st pro's, they seem to be working well for him. Check out his posts

Jeepfan30

I have been debating if I will get Trail Grapplers next as well. Currently have 35x12.5R17 Toyo MT's and they are amazing tires, they do ride a little stiff on the highway since they are E rated, mostly noticeable over sharp bumps. Curious if there is a difference in ride quality between the Toyo MT and Trail Grapplers even though they are both E rated?

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have recently put on some federal cortega mt in 35 12.5 17 on my 2 door. Love the way they look and work, e load range so a little stiff but over all very happy. A little loud too. 1460304383484.jpg

coop9779

Just thought I'd post an update on the 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3's.

I've been running them for about a month now and I love them! When Comparing them to the 35" trail grapplers. Both have their pros and cons.

Trail grapplers balanced easier and seem to hook up a little better on the rocks. They drove nice but tend to hydroplane in the rain.

MTZ's handle a lot better in the rain and are a lot better in the mud. The compound isn't as soft as the TG's so traction on the rocks wasn't as good but was still pretty decent. They also don't seem to hunt the rd as much as the TG's did. Also make a bit more noise than the TG's

Over all I liked both tires but I would have to say the MTZ is the better choice for me. I will prolly try mud grapplers on my next set.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460685119.763992.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460685147.463117.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460685188.550573.jpg

Jake Wilson

Just thought I'd post an update on the 37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3's.

I've been running them for about a month now and I love them! When Comparing them to the 35" trail grapplers. Both have their pros and cons.

Trail grapplers balanced easier and seem to hook up a little better on the rocks. They drove nice but tend to hydroplane in the rain.

MTZ's handle a lot better in the rain and are a lot better in the mud. The compound isn't as soft as the TG's so traction on the rocks wasn't as good but was still pretty decent. They also don't seem to hunt the rd as much as the TG's did. Also make a bit more noise than the TG's

Over all I liked both tires but I would have to say the MTZ is the better choice for me. I will prolly try mud grapplers on my next set.

View attachment 198604 View attachment 198605 View attachment 198606

Awesome update! Thank you! I'm thinking I'll go with mud grapplers next. A lot of people love theirs

Top Bottom