Tie Rod Assembly Outer Link

Andy5160

Hooked
Guys,

Please take a look at the picture i know it is not crucial but needs to be done.

Fist, Is such issue covered under warranty? If it is not covered what would you recommend to replace with.

It is strange that sense i installed the lift i had an axel seal leak and now this

Any way thank you guys. Any advise will be greatly appreciated tie rod 1.jpg .

WJCO

Meme King
Should be covered as long as you didn't do it with any sort of outside influence. And provided you're still under base factory warranty. If you do have an extended warranty that covers boots, fix it asap. If not and the joint fails, they will most likely call it "lack of lubrication during continued operation" which isn't typically covered. If boots aren't covered, them you'll have to buy a tie rod end.

Andy5160

Hooked
Should be covered as long as you didn't do it with any sort of outside influence. And provided you're still under base factory warranty. If you do have an extended warranty that covers boots, fix it asap. If not and the joint fails, they will most likely call it "lack of lubrication during continued operation" which isn't typically covered. If boots aren't covered, them you'll have to buy a tie rod end.

I will talk to my guy at the dealer tomorrow. If for whatever reason they refuse to do the job what do i go for? Original or aftermarket.?
ty

Andy5160

Hooked
Also i plan to install EVO drag link flip kit should i do it before or after the dealer does its part. If i do it first i might save on alignment.
Thoughts?

Andy5160

Hooked
Ok dropped off my jeep at the dealer this morning. Service rep told me that based on the tear he saw on the picture that i showed him the job has to be approved by the manager. So without waiting i said see what you can do for me i am not new customer her. I shook his hand with $20 in it and he said that he will take car of me. Around 4pm i called him and he said that the jeep is being worked on and should be ready soon.
Any way below is the picture of e new part! Happy Happy!
Just sharing my experience tierod.jpg .

Top Bottom