Thoughts on trading in Jeep with no front swaybar

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
So I’ve started giving serious consideration to moving on from my 2 door JK. For the past year, it has had no front swaybar.

It drives absolutely fine but will it cause me any issues trading it in that way?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
So I’ve started giving serious consideration to moving on from my 2 door JK. For the past year, it has had no front swaybar.

It drives absolutely fine but will it cause me any issues trading it in that way?

I'll be in your neighborhood next Wed. I'd be happy to drop off or meet you somewhere to give you the one I forgot to give you last year.😏

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I'll be in your neighborhood next Wed. I'd be happy to drop off or meet you somewhere to give you the one I forgot to give you last year.[emoji57]

So I may or may not be trading it in Saturday so we’ll see where this thread goes... I hear Darlington is nice this time of year...

CalSgt

Hooked
Yup... All they care about is making that sale... and they probably won't even notice. When they go through the Jeep to re-sell it, I'm sure they will throw one on, with their dime.

With everything except the most desirable vehicles dealerships send most of the trade-ins to auction anyway, they could probably give a shit if it has a front sway bar.

WJCO

Meme King

Yup... All they care about is making that sale... and they probably won't even notice. When they go through the Jeep to re-sell it, I'm sure they will throw one on, with their dime.

Agreed. I bet 90% of the salesman wouldn't even know it was missing. They'll buy it and the PDI tech will catch it when they go to re-sale it.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Traded in a TJ once with no rear driveshaft. The old (broken) one was sitting in the back and they still didn't notice and gave me private party blue book on it...

I bet they won't care even if they did notice.

Sad to see another 2dr go but I've actually been considering doing the same thing for a couple months now..

Agreed... We are a dying race :grayno:

I'll be buying an Unlimited next but will keep the 2 door undoubtedly :yup:

Oh and OP, send it in! As said they won't think twice about making the deal. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I can personally tell you that a sales guy will not even know it is missing. You should see the shit our used car manager brings down to us AFTER he buys it from the customer and then he get furious about what he needs to spend to get it thru inspection. Drives me nuts every time cause it’s somehow the techs fault he has to spend $xxxx amount to get it right

Suspect

I traded in my 14’ sport jk years ago with a whoooole bunch of things wrong and they didn’t notice a single thing. I’d go for it.

bigcale

Caught the Bug

Traded in my XJ for my first 2 door jk with a broken endling and a blown head gasket. Have not given it a second thought until now, still don't feel bad about it.

Top Bottom