THOR'S LIGHTNING Air Up/Air Down System - SEMA 2022

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While there are a few systems like this out on the market now, the Thor's Lightning air down/air up system is a kit that can be had complete with an air compressor and is programmable to stop once all your tires are at the PSI that you set. Because of this, I decided to give them and their products a closer look and the following pics show what they all look like.

#sema2022

IMG_1932.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1934.jpg
IMG_1936.jpg
IMG_1937.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
looks cool but as with other systems that do the same thing, it doesn't save space.

IMO this is what gives ARB an advantage; more mounting options to place in non-used space that does not take away interior space

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really, the best part of this kit is the air down/air up manifold system. If I were to do this, I would skip the compressor that they sell with it.

JimLee

Hooked
Really, the best part of this kit is the air down/air up manifold system. If I were to do this, I would skip the compressor that they sell with it.
Is it the manifold that conrols pressure Eddie? I already have a 4 way setup but auto shutoff would be nice.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Their website says the compressor is 25lbs? Is it really huge? Any mention if it can be exposed like an ARB?

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Their website says the compressor is 25lbs? Is it really huge? Any mention if it can be exposed like an ARB?
There's a few reviews on Youtube of that Chinese compressor they've branded as their own and marking them up 3x. There's a review/modification video by Dirt Lifestyle that I watched recently. He found it's performance was not as advertised and was not put together well. It's decent for it's cost compared to other options, but it's built to be inexpensive. It's not something I would rely on unless it was inside a bag in the vehicle or the garage when not in use. You're going to have hoses melting or drying out and fittings oxidizing if left in the elements.

Edit: hahaha, I just found a "support group" on Facebook for this compressor. Some less than tasteful modifications and setups, but it's easy to see they're riddled with issues and leave a lot to be desired long-term. Gaskets tearing, circuit board issues, pistons seized, shut-off failing, etc. "Maxi Trac Compressor Support Group" is the name.

Also found these are sold through Alibaba for $50-$70 each with a minimum order of 100. Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 10.12.22 AM.png

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
There's a few reviews on Youtube of that Chinese compressor they've branded as their own and marking them up 3x. There's a review/modification video by Dirt Lifestyle that I watched recently. He found it's performance was not as advertised and was not put together well. It's decent for it's cost compared to other options, but it's built to be inexpensive. It's not something I would rely on unless it was inside a bag in the vehicle or the garage when not in use. You're going to have hoses melting or drying out and fittings oxidizing if left in the elements.

Edit: hahaha, I just found a "support group" on Facebook for this compressor. Some less than tasteful modifications and setups, but it's easy to see they're riddled with issues and leave a lot to be desired long-term. Gaskets tearing, circuit board issues, pistons seized, shut-off failing, etc. "Maxi Trac Compressor Support Group" is the name.

Also found these are sold through Alibaba for $50-$70 each with a minimum order of 100. View attachment 381730
Innovative.

A year or so ago I made one of these and I connect it to my ARB. It has the manifold, digital gauge and I used FlexZilla hose. It does make airing up/down easier as you can connect and then go hang with your buds. It’s not faster though and even coiled it takes up more space than a single air line.

WheelinMatt

Caught the Bug
I have the same compressor and although it’s much faster than others (2 pistons instead of one) it’s production was shoddy and I’ve had to take mine apart twice and re wire it. I can’t trust that it’ll work every time though so I carry a backup also. Luckily I only paid $99 back when Napa introduced these.
I would skip Thors lightning air up system…

Top Bottom