The Return of Big Black

benatc1

Hooked
Was able to get the decals and badges finished up today. Happy with how it came out

Attachments

• 11B1A355-3BE3-486A-A80F-69D253D7FD4F.jpeg
    11B1A355-3BE3-486A-A80F-69D253D7FD4F.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 37
  • 7A8C3CAF-8641-4551-97CA-009B7188F978.jpeg
    7A8C3CAF-8641-4551-97CA-009B7188F978.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 97658FC8-B4E2-4812-B0B6-25483049D05B.jpeg
    97658FC8-B4E2-4812-B0B6-25483049D05B.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 37
  • C298BE7F-ADDF-46F2-8DE7-7175423C8E04.jpeg
    C298BE7F-ADDF-46F2-8DE7-7175423C8E04.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 36

jesse3638

Hooked
They look good. I really want to swap out the hood stickers on my 2012 for the new style. I think they look really good. Where'd you order yours from?

benatc1

Hooked
Now that's sharp!! (y)
Thank you, pretty close to the gray on the inside too
They look good. I really want to swap out the hood stickers on my 2012 for the new style. I think they look really good. Where'd you order yours from?
Pixel decals, I just random google search and these are right on. Takes a little while, but price was too bad either, these are dark gray and flat black. I ended up getting a few different colors/schemes to see what I liked best so if you go that route I maybe have what you’re looking for lol.
Shame you couldn't order it that way to begin with. That is sharp.
Yea seriously, but fortunately it was to bad to get it done

jesse3638

Hooked
Thank you, pretty close to the gray on the inside too

Pixel decals, I just random google search and these are right on. Takes a little while, but price was too bad either, these are dark gray and flat black. I ended up getting a few different colors/schemes to see what I liked best so if you go that route I maybe have what you’re looking for lol.

Yea seriously, but fortunately it was to bad to get it done
Well if the colors you have work for me I'd buy them from you and pay for shipping...haha. post up some pics and I'll let you know

benatc1

Hooked
Got the WAL ACC bar installed today, transferred over my PCI radio and Switch pros from the CB bar I had pulled out of the Gladiator. I must say this is a nice improvement over the CB bar, super easy to mount and to run the wires through it, also seems to sit nice and tight up out of the way. Switch pros is all set up, still need to run the antenna for the radio and mount it .

Attachments

• 68123263-5C4B-4B30-8E32-76627991A2D5.jpeg
    68123263-5C4B-4B30-8E32-76627991A2D5.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 14

benatc1

Hooked
Well if the colors you have work for me I'd buy them from you and pay for shipping...haha. post up some pics and I'll let you know
Here are what I have some are just the outlines, others have glossy black fill, my jeep got dark gray flat black fill… Dark gray with black fill, dark gray outline, light gray with black fill, light gray outline, silver with black fill, silver outline lol. Hopefully you can see the colors, the light gray is the one that almost looks white, it’s not though.

Attachments

• D92581F0-11F0-496E-9118-0041D1DDE9CD.jpeg
    D92581F0-11F0-496E-9118-0041D1DDE9CD.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 05CDACF5-205A-4694-AB11-764F2758F4D9.jpeg
    05CDACF5-205A-4694-AB11-764F2758F4D9.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 04912BD0-D17C-41BA-BAFE-4EFD656F8033.jpeg
    04912BD0-D17C-41BA-BAFE-4EFD656F8033.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 3986E307-EF25-40E3-991F-E6E8C7982470.jpeg
    3986E307-EF25-40E3-991F-E6E8C7982470.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 5B63B3DF-590D-4CC7-84AF-08B5FB90847A.jpeg
    5B63B3DF-590D-4CC7-84AF-08B5FB90847A.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 0E2E7838-3A84-430D-8B6D-57D3F4BEE726.jpeg
    0E2E7838-3A84-430D-8B6D-57D3F4BEE726.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 9EC64EA2-B9CB-473D-B7FE-DC5FC8B1B932.jpeg
    9EC64EA2-B9CB-473D-B7FE-DC5FC8B1B932.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 9

jesse3638

Hooked
Here are what I have some are just the outlines, others have glossy black fill, my jeep got dark gray flat black fill… Dark gray with black fill, dark gray outline, light gray with black fill, light gray outline, silver with black fill, silver outline lol. Hopefully you can see the colors, the light gray is the one that almost looks white, it’s not though.
Awesome thanks for posting those pics. I was actually leaning towards silver and black and it seems you have that one...haha.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got the WAL ACC bar installed today, transferred over my PCI radio and Switch pros from the CB bar I had pulled out of the Gladiator. I must say this is a nice improvement over the CB bar, super easy to mount and to run the wires through it, also seems to sit nice and tight up out of the way. Switch pros is all set up, still need to run the antenna for the radio and mount it .
Awesome! Nice to see you getting to do so much work on your Jeep (y)

benatc1

Hooked
Awesome! Nice to see you getting to do so much work on your Jeep (y)
Yea me too man, I’ve had a pile of stuff in the garage that’s been just waiting around, kept holding out for weather but we know how that’s going. Figured I’d get everything done I can before I have to spend some money on the bottom half, which hopefully may be by mid/late summer but we’ll see how things go. Should be able to get back on the trail either way though!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea me too man, I’ve had a pile of stuff in the garage that’s been just waiting around, kept holding out for weather but we know how that’s going. Figured I’d get everything done I can before I have to spend some money on the bottom half, which hopefully may be by mid/late summer but we’ll see how things go. Should be able to get back on the trail either way though!
LOL - yeah, we know how that's going. Just gotta get out and do it anyway.

Really eager to get some runs going this year (y)

benatc1

Hooked
Alright, starting to get some plans together as the itch to lift this this real. Probably the nice weather but Looking for a little feedback/opinions on tire size, ect.

I believe I’ve narrowed down to a fairly basic EVO 2.5 lift with bilstien shocks as they have evo valving and are a pretty cheap option compared to kings, but I still may end up doing King 2.5s. not ready to commit to full C/O long arms due to price, I have heavily debated Accuair as well but for the cost I might as well keep going and do the C/Os. Any thoughts here are welcome too.

planning on 37/38s as it’s a rubicon and 35s will be to small and relatively pointless. Question is, is it worth 100 per tire for the extra inch to go 38s and get the C rated? Will be getting Nitto Ridge or Trail grapplers, also undecided there, have ran both over the years and been very happy with both. Jeep will probably see more pavement than dirt but a few factors may sway my decision, I like the 12.5 width of the ridge better for the time being, but also like the more aggressive tread of the trail, even for looks lol. Price is about equal between the 2, I’d probably go with 37x12.50 trail grapplers if I wasn’t jumping to the 38s, so any opinions if worth is there at 100 per tire. Probably on kmc grenade crawls either way. Also if the 38s would be too big for the 2.5 lift, probably not doing a fender trim at this point. Eventually gears and steering upgrades so not to worried about rolling mass other than the usual power loss.

Alright, starting to get some plans together as the itch to lift this this real. Probably the nice weather but Looking for a little feedback/opinions on tire size, ect.

I believe I’ve narrowed down to a fairly basic EVO 2.5 lift with bilstien shocks as they have evo valving and are a pretty cheap option compared to kings, but I still may end up doing King 2.5s. not ready to commit to full C/O long arms due to price, I have heavily debated Accuair as well but for the cost I might as well keep going and do the C/Os. Any thoughts here are welcome too.

planning on 37/38s as it’s a rubicon and 35s will be to small and relatively pointless. Question is, is it worth 100 per tire for the extra inch to go 38s and get the C rated? Will be getting Nitto Ridge or Trail grapplers, also undecided there, have ran both over the years and been very happy with both. Jeep will probably see more pavement than dirt but a few factors may sway my decision, I like the 12.5 width of the ridge better for the time being, but also like the more aggressive tread of the trail, even for looks lol. Price is about equal between the 2, I’d probably go with 37x12.50 trail grapplers if I wasn’t jumping to the 38s, so any opinions if worth is there at 100 per tire. Probably on kmc grenade crawls either way. Also if the 38s would be too big for the 2.5 lift, probably not doing a fender trim at this point. Eventually gears and steering upgrades so not to worried about rolling mass other than the usual power loss.
Excited to see what you do! The 2.5 with Bilstiens is definitely a more budget friendly option and I feel like it gives a great ride for what it is. If you are already really considering the coilover route, I'm a fan of saving up for what you really want. Additionally, if you are doing those, long arms really give a nice ride and will grant you some more travel in the coilovers and not require the use of the limiting straps. I'm definitely bias to the 38's and think it's a great size but man the price sucks! The Trail and Ridge Grapplers are both great options.

Though I don't currently have a set forum discount (working on something for everyone though), shoot me a call or email and can definitely help out with some savings (y)

benatc1

Hooked
Excited to see what you do! The 2.5 with Bilstiens is definitely a more budget friendly option and I feel like it gives a great ride for what it is. If you are already really considering the coilover route, I'm a fan of saving up for what you really want. Additionally, if you are doing those, long arms really give a nice ride and will grant you some more travel in the coilovers and not require the use of the limiting straps. I'm definitely bias to the 38's and think it's a great size but man the price sucks! The Trail and Ridge Grapplers are both great options.

Though I don't currently have a set forum discount (working on something for everyone though), shoot me a call or email and can definitely help out with some savings (y)
Thanks Jeremy, good to hear about the 2.5, I totally hear you on saving up and buy once cry once type of thing, probably 2-3 years based on spending that kinda money as we are working hard to fund investments and get to financial freedom, but I don’t want to wait that long 😂, so doing a few things will scratch that itch without taking to much away from our plan or costing me extra overall in the build.

Ive had my eyes on the 38s more than anything so I’ll probably end up going down that path anyway, but I almost feel like I should just buy 40s at that cost lol.

Ill definitely be giving you a call, maybe another month or so till I actually pull the trigger but I’ll let you know!

Thanks Jeremy, good to hear about the 2.5, I totally hear you on saving up and buy once cry once type of thing, probably 2-3 years based on spending that kinda money as we are working hard to fund investments and get to financial freedom, but I don’t want to wait that long 😂, so doing a few things will scratch that itch without taking to much away from our plan or costing me extra overall in the build.

Ive had my eyes on the 38s more than anything so I’ll probably end up going down that path anyway, but I almost feel like I should just buy 40s at that cost lol.

Ill definitely be giving you a call, maybe another month or so till I actually pull the trigger but I’ll let you know!
Yeah totally understand that, stuff ain’t cheap! But happy to help when you are ready.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Not gonna lie, if you're thinking about 38's, I would do it. Yeah, costs stupid more and more than even a set of 40's but it's about as close as you can get to 40's without needing 1-tons. I actually think that 5.13's are a better match for 38's than 37's too.

Top Bottom