The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

black pearl

Hooked
Been off the inter webs for a little bit. Had my focus on work to benefit the Jeeps. 🤪. Finally getting out to do a little wheeling here and there and making small upgrades where I can. I had gotten some light pods for the wrangler, but turned out I read the description wrong. So I put them on the pretend Jeep . Couldn’t find the mounts I wanted so I made a set. IMG_5915.jpg IMG_5908.jpg IMG_5916.jpg IMG_5914.jpg also got a chance to get the pretend Jeep out in a little snow. It did much better then I expected. IMG_5599.jpg IMG_5600.jpg my daughter and I improvised on making a snowman on that trip IMG_5604.jpg IMG_5606.jpg took the wrangler out yesterday for a little much needed trail running. IMG_5979.jpg IMG_5978.jpg that’s my last few months in a nutshell. Trying to get finances back in order so I can get back to the build plans in mind for the wrangler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Glad to see you back out with the jeep and fam having fun again!
Been off the inter webs for a little bit. Had my focus on work to benefit the Jeeps. [emoji2957]. Finally getting out to do a little wheeling here and there and making small upgrades where I can. I had gotten some light pods for the wrangler, but turned out I read the description wrong. So I put them on the pretend Jeep . Couldn’t find the mounts I wanted so I made a set. View attachment 359714 View attachment 359715 View attachment 359716 View attachment 359717 also got a chance to get the pretend Jeep out in a little snow. It did much better then I expected. View attachment 359718 View attachment 359720 my daughter and I improvised on making a snowman on that trip View attachment 359721 View attachment 359722 took the wrangler out yesterday for a little much needed trail running. View attachment 359723 View attachment 359724 that’s my last few months in a nutshell. Trying to get finances back in order so I can get back to the build plans in mind for the wrangler.

Elroy231

Looks like yall had some fun. Grand Cherokee are nice. That snowman is pretty cool looking. Glad some fun was had. It's essential to enjoy life. Work is necessary but so is a lil recreation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Glad to see you back out with the jeep and fam having fun again!

Great to see you got out on the trail! Nice shots [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Thanks!! It was great getting out again and having a little fun!
Looks like yall had some fun. Grand Cherokee are nice. That snowman is pretty cool looking. Glad some fun was had. It's essential to enjoy life. Work is necessary but so is a lil recreation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app
It was great fun!! It’s actually a compass [emoji12]a mini grand 🤣. It’s definitely one of our better snowman if you ask me. I had forgotten that last part for a minute but back at it now!

Seahawkfan

Hooked

black pearl

Hooked
Probably could have still pulled it into the shop. Depending if your shop is on the same property. Couldn't imagine it would hurt anything in a few hundred feet. Did the seals come out easy enough? Any photos of how you do it?
I probably could have. It’s parked right in front of the shop door , but oh well. The seals came out alright. No photos of that. I just slid a piece of pipe in the axle tube and tapped them out.
Such a pain in the ass repair.
It wouldn’t be so bad if didn’t have to completely dismantle the axel.
That's a PITA. Good you are able to get it done though.

New seals, they keep the oil in, and the water out.
With a 1200 mile trip coming up I really wanted to keep the oil in and the water crossing on the Mojave road. Definitely wanted to keep the water out!

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I probably could have. It’s parked right in front of the shop door , but oh well. The seals came out alright. No photos of that. I just slid a piece of pipe in the axle tube and tapped them out.

That's cool.Thanks
Glad to hear it went smooth.

With a 1200 mile trip coming up I really wanted to keep the oil in and the water crossing on the Mojave road. Definitely wanted to keep the water out!

Man I want to do the Mojave Road so bad. I know it's pretty much just a dirt road, but driving through the desert for more than a 100 miles sounds really cool to me. Safe trip and enjoy..

black pearl

Hooked

That's cool.Thanks
Glad to hear it went smooth.

Man I want to do the Mojave Road so bad. I know it's pretty much just a dirt road, but driving through the desert for more than a 100 miles sounds really cool to me. Safe trip and enjoy..

If you have the chance do it! Not technical but definitely worth the trip. A lot of fun side trips and beautiful scenery, with a neat history.

Thanks!

black pearl

Hooked
Just got back from another epic trip on the Mojave road!! A little bummed about the water crossing, but still a great time.

Attachments

• EBCA6055-C939-4ABF-8AB1-1051FEF6C640.jpeg
    EBCA6055-C939-4ABF-8AB1-1051FEF6C640.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom