The build of Balder

Sgt_USMC

I can afford the Jeep, it’s the modding that is difficult. I have no intention of selling it as it fits my needs well. I’m also working towards buying a house next year. So what money I do have saved up is for that. That’s part of the reason I haven’t modded anything until now. I wanted to wait until things needed to be replaced and then just upgrade from there. I’m not going big with lift or 35s because I know that’s out of the question for me for both budget and medical reasons.

I am going to ask if I can push my install date back a month so I can have a few more options since viable ones that are were pointed out. That will also give me a little time to save up for a better option as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I can afford the Jeep, it’s the modding that is difficult. I have no intention of selling it as it fits my needs well. I’m also working towards buying a house next year. So what money I do have saved up is for that. That’s part of the reason I haven’t modded anything until now. I wanted to wait until things needed to be replaced and then just upgrade from there. I’m not going big with lift or 35s because I know that’s out of the question for me for both budget and medical reasons.

I am going to ask if I can push my install date back a month so I can have a few more options since viable ones that are were pointed out. That will also give me a little time to save up for a better option as well.
You’re saying $200 puts you out and that $50 in gas for your wife is a struggle, that’s not being able to afford it. But to each their own.

Sgt_USMC

We don’t know yet how much the wife will have to spend on gas. She will be driving from just south of the 94 to Caramel Mountain and back everyday. As you likely well know, traffic has gotten pretty nasty around SD. The last time she worked in the office, over by UCSD pre-Covid, she was having to fill up around once a week from sitting in traffic. That’s the reason I said it will be painful, but I don’t recall saying it was a financial struggle. Yes $200 does give me pause, but the coopers that @jeeeep pointed out I am looking into right now.

duktrx

The great thing about Discount Tire is they are always running deals. If I recall correctly, memorial day is an excellent time for BFG and Cooper tires; with ~$150 in rebates, plus they offer 5% off for military active/retired military; even more, savings can be bundled with using their CC.

We don’t know yet how much the wife will have to spend on gas. She will be driving from just south of the 94 to Caramel Mountain and back everyday. As you likely well know, traffic has gotten pretty nasty around SD. The last time she worked in the office, over by UCSD pre-Covid, she was having to fill up around once a week from sitting in traffic. That’s the reason I said it will be painful, but I don’t recall saying it was a financial struggle. Yes $200 does give me pause, but the coopers that @jeeeep pointed out I am looking into right now.
That is quite a drive. (Literally in Carmel Mountain as I'm typing this lol) In your case man I'd just save a bit longer then and splurge a bit on a tire that will actually last you rather than saving a couple hundred bucks now.

Sgt_USMC

I love DT! The prices and certificates are part of why I only use them.
Thank you all for the input and pointing out other tire options. Im pushing my install off to June and will likely be going with the Cooper Evo M/Ts that @jeeeep pointed out.

Top Bottom