The Adventure and Build thread of "Big Red"

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Long story, but a few months ago the 3500 had a bad electrical issue running through it so had to swap it in and just got a 1500, which she's been driving, think I've maybe drove it twice, so I've been driving the JL and now this. Fortunately she's happy with a truck, this will be built as "Overlander" camping truck which I'll keep driving for work for a while.
Nice but bummer about the truck. I know you liked it. I would have too. Lol

wjtstudios

Hooked
Long story, but a few months ago the 3500 had a bad electrical issue running through it so had to swap it in and just got a 1500, which she's been driving, think I've maybe drove it twice, so I've been driving the JL and now this. Fortunately she's happy with a truck, this will be built as "Overlander" camping truck which I'll keep driving for work for a while.
What electrical issues were you having with the 3500?

benatc1

Hooked
What electrical issues were you having with the 3500?
Started out with a wheel speed sensor code, changed sensors, then wiring harnesses, then transmission control module, then trans position sensor then interior screens started going down. Was in for being stuck in limp more 6 times in 6 weeks, messed me all up with work being I didn't have a 3rd car. Of course out of warranty and was in it for 3500+ when I finally gave in, fortunately the GM of the dealership a friend and he took real good care of me on everything. Just a huge pain in the ass

benatc1

Hooked
What?!?! No way.

Congrats
Yea man, pulled the trigger, I drove a diesel and really liked the power and the way it drove, but it was an overland trim that was decked out, which was fine, but needed more work to get to where I wanted it in the short term. The Mojave drove so nice too

wjtstudios

Hooked
Started out with a wheel speed sensor code, changed sensors, then wiring harnesses, then transmission control module, then trans position sensor then interior screens started going down. Was in for being stuck in limp more 6 times in 6 weeks, messed me all up with work being I didn't have a 3rd car. Of course out of warranty and was in it for 3500+ when I finally gave in, fortunately the GM of the dealership a friend and he took real good care of me on everything. Just a huge pain in the ass
That’s crazy, how many miles did you have on it?

benatc1

Hooked
That’s crazy, how many miles did you have on it?
Was right over 39k, my biggest thing was where does it stop, at least mechanical stuff you fix and move on, electric can be a mess.ill likely get another tone down the road when we actually need that much truck

wjtstudios

Hooked
Was right over 39k, my biggest thing was where does it stop, at least mechanical stuff you fix and move on, electric can be a mess.ill likely get another tone down the road when we actually need that much truck
So far, I’m at 43 on mine with no issues, but I agree, electrical issues do scare me especially with that much electronics in these trucks. Congrats again on that Mojave again, sweet Jeep

Top Bottom