Stupidest Sh!t I've Heard in a LONG Time - Dealership Blames Royal Purple for Axle Damage

benatc1

Hooked
We’ll I realize this is a new one, I can’t say I’m surprised. People are dumb and think “the dealer” is all knowing, when half those guys don’t know anything other than following s service manual or what their brand tells them, of course no financial interest involved either lol. I’m pretty sure royal purple would be out of business if their oil damaged differentials, but that might be thinking to logically.

TrailHunter

Hooked
My buddy bought a Brand new JL for his wife... Put a lift on it... 35's... low miles, never off road... and the axles started to fail. Took it to the same local dealer where I bought my Jeep and they immediately blamed it on the lift. He had a few choice words with the head Mechanic then took it inland to where he bought the Jeep.... Turns out there was barely (if) any oil in the axles from the factory... They replaced both. Some of these dealers are yuppie bitches looking to pass the buck.

Well you have a reputation your trying to protect. It's not like the dealer has anything to gain by lying. 🤔
Remember that Eddie always tells us that he is "not a professional" and that he is just showing us what HE does.

A true professional always uses the cheapest oil he happens to have on the shelf.

jorgelrod

Hooked
What a retard. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could run vegetable oil in a diff with no issues. It's just a fucking gearbox. Dealer is trying to make a buck.
I like your thinking, maybe throwing some fries in there and later drain some potato cakes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wow, would like to know which RP product he used and if his model jeep required the limited slip additive.

I call bullshit, there are too many parts of his story missing.
I totally agree, way too many missing parts to the story but of course, they are unimportant. Me recommending Royal Purple is bad, the dealership told this guy so and that's all that matters. :rolleyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Priority Legal Services?!? Ha! This guy is a paralegal. Maybe he ought to apply that finely tuned legal mind to reading a bit before opening up the old pie hole.
LOL - no kidding!
We’ll I realize this is a new one, I can’t say I’m surprised. People are dumb and think “the dealer” is all knowing, when half those guys don’t know anything other than following s service manual or what their brand tells them, of course no financial interest involved either lol. I’m pretty sure royal purple would be out of business if their oil damaged differentials, but that might be thinking to logically.
Funny thing is, I've used all kinds of gear oils over the years including the stuff you can by at Walmart and have NEVER seen or heard of any of them causing metal shards in the diff, let alone a front diff connected to an FAD. And, it's not like I'm sponsored or work with Royal Purple or anything. I mean, I wish I were being that it's kinda pricey stuff LOL.
My buddy bought a Brand new JL for his wife... Put a lift on it... 35's... low miles, never off road... and the axles started to fail. Took it to the same local dealer where I bought my Jeep and they immediately blamed it on the lift. He had a few choice words with the head Mechanic then took it inland to where he bought the Jeep.... Turns out there was barely (if) any oil in the axles from the factory... They replaced both. Some of these dealers are yuppie bitches looking to pass the buck.
I don't doubt it for a second. I have seen all kinds of stupidness over the years and right from the factory.

jeeeep

Hooked
the internet guy said to put royal purple in my differential and it broke it!

il_1140xN.783219992_rtt7.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You should see some of the stuff my dealer gets right off the truck from the factory. I have done lifters on a new GM truck, an engine, whole wiring harnesses, etc. the factory union workers are lazy mother fuckers

Top Bottom