Steering Stabilizer is "sticking" on my JT recommendation for what to replace it with?

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
Wayalife always has the best answers to Jeep questions so here is mine. When I want to turn left, especially if it is very cold, my steering stabilizer "sticks" and it takes a few seconds to get it to turn left. Oddly, it only happens when turning left. I am going to replace the steering stabilizer. The QUESTION is: What would be the best option to replace it with? While I'm down there can I improve the steering overall and make a real improvement? I'm don't do any rock crawling, mostly just jeep trails and logging roads to hunt, fish, etc.

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
You nailed it, there is a dent, small but obvious. I will get what you suggest above. Ordering it now. How do you ALWAYS have the great answer?

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I agree with Eddie that the stock stabilizer seems the best. I helped a friend with a lift on their 4xe and the Mopar 2” lift on 35s installed the Fox 2.0 stabilizer as an upgrade and it introduced a really weird wobble or shimmy that only appears in the range of 50-53 mph. They insisted on an upgrade so we’re gonna try the Fox through shaft but I think they should just go back to stock.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Test the steering with the stabilizer removed, before replacing it. The problem might be the power steering pump.

Top Bottom