Steering options.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
So I banged up my steering pretty good this weekend. Tie rod and drag link bent and fluid coming from the sector shaft, haven’t torn into it yet, but thinking the shaft had enough pressure on it to compromise the seal. It wasn’t actively leaking anymore once we got it off the trail, but I don’t want to risk running it anymore.

Pretty sure I’m gonna go with Bubbas tie rod and drag link. The question now is what to do about the gearbox. Looking at PSC big bore and the red neck ram setup. I know that I won’t go past 37s on this Jeep.

I would love to just do the ported PSC to get the heavier gearbox and shaft, plus have the option to add a ram later. Almost double the price is what is holding me back on it though.

My only worry about the RNR is keeping the stock gearbox and the possibility of doing the same thing again, otherwise it seems like the way to go for my setup.

I know a ton of you guys are running the PSC so I know it’s proven. Wanted to hear from the RNR guys that have run them for a while and what they think.

I know I probably should just bite the bullet and go PSC but I don’t want to spend that much if I don’t need to.

Also would the flexibility of having an aluminum DL and TR help mitigate the force to the sector shaft when I’m an bonehead and drop them down on rocks?

Sorry for the rambling, kind of just think out loud

wjtstudios

Hooked
I can’t speak to the RNR, but I have hit, pushed with, and ran into multiple rocks with me Fusion TR and it was still perfectly straight. I didn’t see you hit Saturday to compare to what I’ve done, but the Fusions have held up well.

At least it had happened and the end of the day.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Does anyone know if a 2015 stock gear will work on a 2008? I have one on my shelf in the garage Andy that you can have if it does work. Then you just need to port it and hook up the RNR.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if a 2015 stock gear will work on a 2008? I have one on my shelf in the garage Andy that you can have if it does work. Then you just need to port it and hook up the RNR.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Is porting something that can be done yourself? I’ve got a drill press and pipe taps, not sure what all is needed. I remember Metalic mentioning making his own hydro setup pretty cheap. I’ll have to pm him and see what all he did.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Is porting something that can be done yourself? I’ve got a drill press and pipe taps, not sure what all is needed. I remember Metalic mentioning making his own hydro setup pretty cheap. I’ll have to pm him and see what all he did.

Yeah, I do not know, but he absolutely would.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Also, does anyone know the usual turnaround time for the RNR when you ship your box to them?

nbunga

Caught the Bug
So I ended up getting a ported factory box that weebz found on Facebook.

What size ram are are you guys with stock rubicon axles running? It looks like either 6.5” or 6.75” is what comes with the full PSC kits.

Or do I need to measure steering travel to figure it out?

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
So I ended up getting a ported factory box that weebz found on Facebook.

What size ram are are you guys with stock rubicon axles running? It looks like either 6.5” or 6.75” is what comes with the full PSC kits.

Or do I need to measure steering travel to figure it out?

Lol, Weebz knows Facebook-Fu like no other.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Measuring is really easy. Look at Redneck site and they have a video on it and you can determine what you need. Take you 10 minutes

Top Bottom