Sports Cage / Wiring

For you RockHard sports cage owners that hung their CB from the front crossbar - Which way did you run you CB wiring? - Along the bar? - from the Sound bar?

Also with the side pieces in place do you loose access to the wire runs through the fire wall?

Thanks

Sk8convict

I ran my antennae wire and power wire through the front windshield plastic down the passenger window/windshield frame plastic and through the hole to the battery. Used a kc light mount to mount cb. Ran my wires first though before installing the cage. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1422906952.468542.jpg

I do not have the Rock Hard but do have the OR Fab sport cage. I ran my coax along the passenger side upper roll bar and then along the front of the bar. Also ran the power and ground in the same location but coming up from the passenger side of the dash.

I ran my antennae wire and power wire through the front windshield plastic down the passenger window/windshield frame plastic and through the hole to the battery. Used a kc light mount to mount cb. Ran my wires first though before installing the cage. View attachment 122337

I do not have the Rock Hard but do have the OR Fab sport cage. I ran my coax along the passenger side upper roll bar and then along the front of the bar. Also ran the power and ground in the same location but coming up from the passenger side of the dash.

Thats how I have mine run now - Just looks like my radio will be farther from the windshield and wonders if the wires will just be out there in the open. I also will have my switches at the footmans loop. We will see how I will fit it all up there. Thanks :thumb:

Thats how I have mine run now - Just looks like my radio will be farther from the windshield and wonders if the wires will just be out there in the open. I also will have my switches at the footmans loop. We will see how I will fit it all up there. Thanks :thumb:

What I did was run the wires in the plastic corrugated wire protector just to keep it clean. :thumb:

I'm thinking of running a few extra wires up there to allow me to add a winch controller to the over head. Just pre-planning now so I only have to do the cage once LOL!

Thanks for your input :beer:

Anyone have a pic of some switches at the footmans loop and a cb on a rock hard cage?

I'm thinking of running a few extra wires up there to allow me to add a winch controller to the over head. Just pre-planning now so I only have to do the cage once LOL!

Thanks for your input :beer:

Anyone have a pic of some switches at the footmans loop and a cb on a rock hard cage?

What would be really cool to use are the switches that have the protective covers like something you would find in a fighter aircraft.

Switches3.jpg

I have some left over switches after building my DIY Spod that I can send your way. You can see them in my build thread.

R/
Will

I have some left over switches after building my DIY Spod that I can send your way. You can see them in my build thread.

Thanks, I think I'm good on switches for now - probably throw one of these in the center bar. still haven't decided.

JK WEDGE 1.75 x 3.JPG

Top Bottom