Spark plug knock or something worse?

sm31

From what I've heard speaking with 3 different jeep guys. One of them being from 505 performance. The 3.8 is horrible with heat. It's like it was designed to manage heat in the worst way possible. Everything just over heats and wears out. It doesn't move enough air for what it's worth. There's a HO 3.8 from 505 and 4.1l conversion that solve most if not all issues the stock 3.8 has in the jeep.

Thanks Saharacon! I'm interested to research what 505 did to address the issues with their HO & 4.1L builds...

Saharacon

Welp looks like a new Engine. Had a good feeling this would be the case. But wow. What carnage....

Thinking i might install the new 3.8 ho myself if this engine warranty through mopar isn't voided for garage installation. Guess 505 can hook me up with mopar warranty thatll cover all future failures so long as I prove service records. Sounds like a good option. I want to drop an extra 8k on this and just LT swap it.... but that'll be the next jeep I guess hahaha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-190845_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-190845_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20220520_190819.jpg
    IMG_20220520_190819.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 26

Saharacon

Rebuilding myself cause screw these labor prices. Lol im cheap and with the economy where it's at I just need this thing running again. Cylinder walls were good. No issues. Ordered rebuild kit and now waiting on parts

jeeeep

Hooked
Success took about a week couple hours after work every night once parts came in. No major issues during piston change out. Jeep fired righr up and sounds better than ever before. About to start the break in period now
had everything out and didn't wash it?
my ocd would not allow this lol

Saharacon

had everything out and didn't wash it?
my ocd would not allow this lol
I washed what I took out anything in there I didn't want to touch due to the lifters being exposed. But yeah I plan on degreasing and washing the entire engine bay. Thinking I'll Monstaliner the jeep soon. I live in Michigan rust is my biggest enemy

Top Bottom