Skid mounting points

WrangleDangle

I'm looking to buy skids for my 2020 JLUR.
I am interested in knowing if the 6 places that the body mounting bolts go through,
are these locations strong enough to mount rock sliders to?

I am considering mounting the Rusty's sliders/step and need them to be solid for rock climbing, etc.

Thanks,
WrangleDangle

jeeeep

Hooked
those look similar to the smittybilt I have on my JK, mild hits they were ok but when landed on them coming off a ledge, they flexed and I have equal matching dents on the lower tub panel where they hit.

Jsouder53

Hooked
For that price, I would look at LOD Off-road or EVO sliders. I know the LOD signature sliders are frame mounted and I’m pretty sure EVO’s are too.

CalSgt

Hooked
For that price, I would look at LOD Off-road or EVO sliders. I know the LOD signature sliders are frame mounted and I’m pretty sure EVO’s are too.
The EVO frame mounted sliders won't be ready for at least three weeks, the only ones they offer are tub mounted and tough as they may be they are still not a frame mounted slider.

LOD Signature, Poison Spyder, and Genright all have good frame mounted options IMHO.

If you plan to land on them hard the LOD Destroyers will leave matching dents in the rocker panel of the tub. They are decent sliders but not up to the task for me, part of the problem with them is that they fit too good. They are really tight to the body and match the body lines really nice but if you buy them I would highly recommend rocker armor too

Ddays

Hooked
I just threw a set of the LOD Signature sliders on my JL a few weeks back. I highly recommend them. Very well build. While we didn't get to test them out as much as I would have liked a couple weeks ago, from what I've seen with others that have them mounted, they work very well.

Top Bottom