Sierra points of interest.

Turbostevey

Heya Fellas and Ladies. Only have lived in the bay area for just under 2 years and I am looking for some nice back country destinations (stock sport S) that are not to difficult a trail or route to get to. Hoping to get some destinations from the group. Thank you in advance. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Heya Fellas and Ladies. Only have lived in the bay area for just under 2 years and I am looking for some nice back country destinations (stock sport S) that are not to difficult a trail or route to get to. Hoping to get some destinations from the group. Thank you in advance. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Visit the Sierra Buttes North of Sacramento. There is a video here that Eddie made up that shows some of it. It is perfect for a stock sport and has an awesome hike up to the fire lookout tower. Then run the Gold Lake trail to Gold Lake. Awesome scenery!
:thumb:

StrizzyChris

Hey! Im brand new to the area and am working in San Mateo. Let me know if you want to hit a trail...Im free a lot, but random days!

Turbostevey

Well then I bet I have seen you around since that is where I LIVE! :eek: We should have drinks some time. I am heading to Tahoe last minute this weekend.. But I am looking to go camping in Mendocino national forest the second weekend of July (13th and 14th)... But if your up for a meet and great or outing I will be free the July 6th and 7th.. As for running trails, I would love to But you are kitted out alot more than I.. That being said I am sure we can find some common ground about exploring some back country areas. Pm me you would like.

Turbostevey

Will do. I am actually taking jkzinger's idea thus weekend. Thanks again.

Sent from my HTCONE using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Will do. I am actually taking jkzinger's idea thus weekend. Thanks again.

Sent from my HTCONE using WAYALIFE mobile app

Have fun this weekend! If you go a couple miles down the Gold Lake trail you will pass by Little Deer Lake. We backed the rig into the woods there and camped in a sweet spot overlooking the lake. No one around and super beautiful.

Make sure you wheel all the way up the hiking trail gate that goes to the fire tower. We had people hiking up that road just begging for a ride!

BONDSY

It's not quite back country, but it's real pretty, Jedediah Smith State Park is a great area. College of the Giants in Northern California is pretty cool. Mendocino Coast and points north are pretty.

Top Bottom