Shower Thoughts

Same here, literally no one I know gave a shit but then on Instagram I saw this comment from this old lady saying she cried during it because she may never see another one in her lifetime. To myself I just said, "The fuck? Shit's just the night." Lol

This is accurate, literally nothing changed in SoCal. Didn't even know it was happening.
Actually, you got half the amount of sun as normal. Both of my brothers (in Ramona, CA area) have solar systems and the effect of the eclipse was obvious.

Attachments

• IMG_20240410_102922.jpg
    IMG_20240410_102922.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240410_102856.jpg
    IMG_20240410_102856.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 5

jeeeep

Hooked
For all the hype, literally nobody I know personally gave two shits about the eclipse.
I passed on the Whiskey Wanderlust because family members wanted to come experience the eclipse; a couple of days before the 8th, they informed me they decided not to come.... a decision they had made over a month ago when they asked if they could come stay.

It was a cloudy day here, but it cleared enough to see the total eclipse for a few seconds... 100% would've skipped this to join the Whiskey Wanderlust.

kevman65

Hooked
I passed on the Whiskey Wanderlust because family members wanted to come experience the eclipse; a couple of days before the 8th, they informed me they decided not to come.... a decision they had made over a month ago when they asked if they could come stay.

It was a cloudy day here, but it cleared enough to see the total eclipse for a few seconds... 100% would've skipped this to join the Whiskey Wanderlust.
NEVER turn down an alcohol laden jaunt through the desert to entertain family, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING MAN?

boardsurfer

Driving in to town yesterday I saw a small hand-written sign that said JUDGING CONTEST with an arrow pointing off into an empty field. I spent longer than I'd like to admit, giggling at what such a thing would look like.

Is it 2 rows of people staring at each other in perpetual judgement, each person taking notes of the other? Or maybe a circle, each person judging everyone else individually. Is it a one on one, bracket style competition? How does one train for this? What are the criteria of a good judge? How do you win? Who decides? A 3rd set of judges? Is there someone judging their performance?

Was this some kind of Monty Python bit? I cant believe I didnt go back. So many questions.

Top Bottom