Show Off Your Guns!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Now that the 365 and Hellcat are available in CA I’m trying to decide between the two. Anyone shoot the Hellcat Pro? I like the fact it’s a little bigger. If I got the 365 I’d swap to the XL frame but would definitely be money ahead with the Springfield.

Now that the 365 and Hellcat are available in CA I’m trying to decide between the two. Anyone shoot the Hellcat Pro? I like the fact it’s a little bigger. If I got the 365 I’d swap to the XL frame but would definitely be money ahead with the Springfield.
The hellcat offers a bit more value but the P365 is more refined and a lot more modular. If you’re looking at a P365 then the X Macro is really the one to get. The XL isn’t bad by any stretch but, the Macro gives you the option of 17 rounds in the same package should ever step out from the iron curtain.

TrailHunter

Hooked
It's subjective... Definitely rent both and shoot side by side if you can.... I can tell you there is only ONE thing I don't like about the Hellcat and that's how far back the slide stop sits. I wish it was pushed forward more like the 365 or Glock. Depending how your grip is, you may hit it with your thumb (if you are a righty) and the slide won't lock back after the last round. But after some time with the gun, that can be corrected.

Also keep in mind, the CA 365 has an external Safety... The Hellcat Does Not. The Hellcat is built very much like a Glock and what the G43 should have been.

Springfield_Armory_Hellcat_Pro_OSP_00.jpg IMG_20190704_171711064-1.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
The hellcat offers a bit more value but the P365 is more refined and a lot more modular. If you’re looking at a P365 then the X Macro is really the one to get. The XL isn’t bad by any stretch but, the Macro gives you the option of 17 rounds in the same package should ever step out from the iron curtain.
Thanks, unfortunately in CA the 17 rounds isn’t an option. At least legally. I do like how the Sig frames aren’t serialized though.

It's subjective... Definitely rent both and shoot side by side if you can.... I can tell you there is only ONE thing I don't like about the Hellcat and that's how far back the slide stop sits. I wish it was pushed forward more like the 365 or Glock. Depending how your grip is, you may hit it with your thumb (if you are a righty) and the slide won't lock back after the last round. But after some time with the gun, that can be corrected.

Also keep in mind, the CA 365 has an external Safety... The Hellcat Does Not. The Hellcat is built very much like a Glock and what the G43 should have been.

View attachment 404778 View attachment 404779
good point on the slide release. Hopefully I can find one in stock locally to check out. Most places around here don’t stock much. I prefer no manual safety and am bummed the CA 365 has one but it’s not a show stopper either. Curious how likely it would be to inadvertently click on. Thanks for the opinion.

Thanks, unfortunately in CA the 17 rounds isn’t an option. At least legally. I do like how the Sig frames aren’t serialized though.

good point on the slide release. Hopefully I can find one in stock locally to check out. Most places around here don’t stock much. I prefer no manual safety and am bummed the CA 365 has one but it’s not a show stopper either. Curious how likely it would be to inadvertently click on. Thanks for the opinion.
It’s a low enough profile you don’t even notice it. My wife elected to buy the version with manual safety because she does carry off body on occasion. In shooting hers I barely even noticed it and didn’t have an issue accidentally engaging it. If we were closer I’d just meet up with you and let you take it for a while.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Agreed. I’m not sure why, but the length of the XL seems weird to me and also unnecessary.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I set up a standard P365 with the Wilson 12 round grip frame, 12 round magazine with the +2 floor plate (14 rounds in the magazine) and had the slide milled for a Trijicon. Grip is big enough that I can get all my fingers on it and the whole package is smaller, more concealable and easier to carry than a Glock 19.

I set up a standard P365 with the Wilson 12 round grip frame, 12 round magazine with the +2 floor plate (14 rounds in the magazine) and had the slide milled for a Trijicon. Grip is big enough that I can get all my fingers on it and the whole package is smaller, more concealable and easier to carry than a Glock 19.
That’s what makes the newer SIG platforms so great… so easy to swap things around on them. We’re lucky here in Utah.

Good to hear. I have a few We the People and Tulsters and they’re fine. Heard good things about T1C so took a gamble on that price point.
Rest assured that it’s not much of a gamble. It’s not cheap but it’s money well spent. Been running their gear for a long time and on the rare occasions I have an issue, they’re quick to fix it and make it right. I’m still running a couple from their first launch when the company started. Solid gear my friend.

Top Bottom