Show us your filter!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I had a zero frills sport and it had them originally. The guy at the factory responsible for putting them in must be hoping the cost savings for not installing them turns into a raise for himself. It makes a pretty big difference after they're installed.

Slimebones

So my question is: if the Jeep did not come with the cabin filters, is it possible to install them and what parts other than the filters is required? Mine does not have them and would like to "update". '07 2 door.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
So my question is: if the Jeep did not come with the cabin filters, is it possible to install them and what parts other than the filters is required? Mine does not have them and would like to "update". '07 2 door.
Yes it's still possible, you just need the filters. You don't need to add any additional parts, everything you need should already be installed.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

Quadratec has a great video of how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Just watched the video. He does mention this is for "11 & newer vehicles. Does this really matter, and if so, why?
I don't see why it would matter. They are behind the glove box on most vehicles, and pretty easy to change.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

fiend

Caught the Bug
I don't see why it would matter. They are behind the glove box on most vehicles, and pretty easy to change.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

I have a 2010. Looked behind the glovebox and saw neither filters nor an obvious place to put them. Saw a couple posts on the Internet (which means they are true, of course) that neither cabin filters nor provisions for them were available until MY 2011. Anyone with a 2007-2010 JK have a different experience?

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I’m totally doing this. During the New Years run I made the mistake of turning my fan on full blast after a long stretch on the trail and literally filled the cabin with dust. It blew it all right in my face. Would have made a hilarious video if I had caught it on camera.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m totally doing this. During the New Years run I made the mistake of turning my fan on full blast after a long stretch on the trail and literally filled the cabin with dust. It blew it all right in my face. Would have made a hilarious video if I had caught it on camera.

Same thing happened to us and we laughed pretty hard.... Eddie has it up on the amazon shopping list.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/51018-MOPAR-Maintenance-Products

Top Bottom