Shock leak?

NME

So I was installing my new 2.5 res king shocks and right as I was bolting the shock up with the mount in the rear, I start getting pissed on by a clear oily fluid. It was kind of all over the shock by the time I got it unbolted from the mount so I am not entirely sure where it came from, but the hose looked in tact and everything and it almost seemed like it was coming from the top seal. What the hell happened? I didn't hit it on anything and I was careful not to let the impact extension hit the shock body. So any insight would be appreciated.

NME

I'd contact your retailer. It may be a defect from assembly.
Damn I was afraid of something messing up with these bad boys. King is behind manufacturing by at least 4 months and my retailer is sold out of the shocks. Kings warehouse is right around the corner from me. So if I have a manufacturers warranty can't I just take it over to them and have it rebuilt?

Robar

The Enforcer
Damn I was afraid of something messing up with these bad boys. King is behind manufacturing by at least 4 months and my retailer is sold out of the shocks. Kings warehouse is right around the corner from me. So if I have a manufacturers warranty can't I just take it over to them and have it rebuilt?
If you have a manufacturer's warranty maybe you should read it and find out what to do.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You and that Jeep are a complete and total mess. I would light a match and grab a marshmallow. When the flames go out start reading the internet more and start over next year.

NME

Turns out it was a manufacturer defect. The knuckle wasn't installed properly where the reservoir hose meets the main shock body. The vibration of the impact wrench caused it to crack and leak hydraulic fluid. King repaired it and I got it back yesterday.

Top Bottom